cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

AMD WHY ARE YOU SELLING NAVI GPUS?

Like title says why are you selling these GPUS if you have no working driver for them!

SO MANY PROBLEMS it is the first time i bought AMD GPU and hands down the worst experience EVER

WHY DO I HAVE TO DO 10000 THINGS AND STILL YOUR GPU DOESNT WORK AS IT SHOULD DOWNCLOCKING ALL THE TIME FREESYNC DOESNT WORK MY MONITOR HAS 48-240 HZ FREESYNC RANGE SO I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOUR GPU ACTING FUNNY AND DOWNCLOCKING IN GAMES??? ARE YOU SERIOUS? HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO MAKE A GPU THAT DOWNCLOCKS WHILE IN A GAME??? YOU RELEASED THESE CARDS MONTHS AGO AND STILL PEOPLE THAT BUYING THEM HAVE SO MANY ISSUES ITS INSANE?
YOU KNOW HOW BAD YOU LOOK AMD DONT YOU?
YOU DONT CARE? YOU HAVE HAD THIS GPU OUT FOR 7 MONTHS AND YOU TELLING ME THAT IT SHOULD STUTTER AT 1080P 240HZ? LOL THIS IS A JOKE I SHOULD OF GIVEN 60 MORE EUROS FOR 2070S 

YOULL SEE HOW BIG OF A "PUNISHMENT" PEOPLE WILL GIVE YOU FROM NOW ON.

IM HONESTLY DONE WITH YOUR PRODUCTS NEVER EVER GOING TO BUY AMD GPU IN MY LIFE HOLY MOLY 454 EUROS FOR A BRAND NEW SAPHIRE NITRO+ 5700 XT AND IT DOWNCLOCKS IN GAMES WHAT A JOKE

YOU LOST ANOTHER CUSTOMER

12 Replies

FYI. These are unfortunately USER TO USER forums so NO, AMD is not reading what you are saying. As they say, you are preaching to the choir. 

I would send you statement to AMD support: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes

theyll see it dont worry 

0 Likes

Yeah...he typed in BIG letters...hard to miss.

I want to point out that many games are not designed for the recent high refresh panels, so this is why there are issues

I am more conservative so I stick with deep color (now called HDR) and professional chromaticity 4:4:4

LG 27UL500-W – HARDCORE GAMES™ 

0 Likes

my alienware monitor freesync 240hz is fully compatible with apex legends that i play

0 Likes
leyvin
Miniboss

First and Foremost... please learn where the Caps Lock key is., as it's considered quite rude to have an ALL CAPS Post, as it is considered Yelling in a Internet Etiquette. 

On top of this, there are so many run-on sentences with no paragraph breaks., which reads very poorly because this infers that it's all a singular sentence without you taking a breath.

Now beyond this... have you made sure that "Enhanced Sync" (which tends to be enabled by Default) is Disabled?

This tends not to play well with High Refresh Games., and can contribute to Frame Jitter.

Of course the same is true in regards to the CPU / PCIe Bandwidth.

Remember that Navi 1st Gen (and Vegas 2nd Gen) are designed to utilise PCIe 4.0., but as it stands only the AMD 500-Series Chipset actually supports PCIe 4.0 Natively. 

Strictly speaking all Ryzen, as well as AMD 300/400 Chipsets are capable of supporting PCIe 4.0 ... but they don't, as they're not Licensed (via PCI-SIG) to do so; and AMD for some reason refuses to openly support their own HXT Interface, even though that's what the System is actually using as the Native Bus.

Why does this matter? Well, it gets a little involved to explain; but in essence there are issues., especially when you start to hit the Peak Bandwidth for PCI Express ... as the System Bus is constantly running in an Emulation Mode., which doesn't align properly.

This can be for the End-User behaviour such-as Frame Jitter on Graphics when we're talking about an Ultra-High Refresh... something that until recently you weren't going to really achieve, because a) the Hardware wasn't really Powerful Enough to produce such High Framerates (in Real-Time Games) and b) Most Displays were 60 - 90Hz meaning that even should you be hitting say 240Hz Refresh; this would step-down by 4:1 or 3:1, thus the odd "Dropped" Frame wasn't an issue and would smooth out. 

With this said only Freesync 2 (what the heck did they rename it., Freesync Pro HDR or something) actually supports VRR outside of 32 - 72Hz., as FreeSync 1.0 and 1.1 instead support Limited VRR.

What, I'd suggest instead is using a Locked Refresh < 120Hz (ideally you want it to be 60-90Hz) with Low-Latency Input Enabled in the Drivers... as this will allow Input to remain at 240Hz, while the Output of the Game is within a Range that can be smoothed out.

This also helps in regards to the CPU Load as well... because remember that in regards to Modern CPUs., even on the i7 9900K., you're going to be CPU Bound on anything more powerful than an RTX 2060 / RX 5600 XT; when playing at 1080p.

Instead it's better to have a Display that supports HDR10 and UHD Resolutions (such-as 1440p/1800p/2160p)., and this is more true in regards to Competitive FPS (like APEX Legends) ... because the Higher the Screen Resolution, the better and more accurate your Mouse will map to the Screen for improved Precision.

Somewhere around here, I do have quite a lengthy post explaining Mouse Vs. Controller in Competitive FPS (as even on here you had people crying over Cross Play in modern games., which I personally see as a positive step forward to a healthier gaming ecosystem, esp. on PC with a substantially lower Online Gaming Population) but essentially at 1080p, there is very little difference between a Controller and Mouse in terms of Sensitivity that can be utilised; there's only a difference between the Smoothness of Motion. (i.e. Mice with DPI 1600+ can have better Pixel Precision Aiming., while Controllers allow for Pixel Perfect Movement)

This does change as we increase the Resolution... because Higher Resolutions do require greater DPI Sensitivity., and as such Controllers hit their current limits ~1440p; where-as Gaming Mice are capable of up to 8K.

Now another thing to note, is that if you think the situation is "Better" on GeForce Hardware... you might actually want to use them before claiming such., as what you're experiencing isn't an AMD Specific Issue.

Sure... the GeForce Experience Drivers, do technically reduce Stutter at High Refresh; which in Videos can look like a big improvement... but they do it by sacrificing Input Latency.

That is to say, that it LOOKS correct, but doesn't FEEL correct.

And this continues on in regards to things such-as Colour Depth... even with HDR10, GeForce Hardware will tend to produce a slightly washed out / desaturated result. For Competitive FPS (like APEX Legends)., this does make a difference due to how you're not really focused on the whole screen but rather will adapt to subtle changes.

I've said this before., but people throwing tantrums over the RX 5000-Series isn't helpful... and if this is the general behaviour over at the NVIDIA Forums, frankly I feel sorry for their Moderators; as many who are "Swapping" behave like spoilt children.

Yes, there are issues. Such issues are typically with Driver Implementation. It would be nice to have the AMD Driver Team (and QA Team., who tend not to be on the same dang page) to actually address the day-to-day problems we have instead of the current focus on making Adrenalin ever increasingly "Pretty" and "Feature Rich" ... but if I'm being honest, if I were on the Driver Team and saw something throwing a hissy fit, threatening to go back to a competitor and just generally behaving in this manor; my first thought would be "Well, go on then..."

No one likes dealing with belligerent, rude and aggressive Consumers., who has zero intention of being civil. 

I mean, how would you respond to how you've acted? 

Now the last point I'll make is AMD and NVIDIA have different approaches to Graphics Clocks. 

NVIDIA have a "Low" Base Clock, that will then Overclock whenever Headroom is present... this gives the impression that their Hardware is always operating better than NVIDIA will claim on the Box; and NVIDIA often picks deliberately Low Clocks as their Base / Boost., knowing full well that their Architecture and Cooling is capable of Delivering above that.

AMD on the other hand, have their Base Clock as the "Guaranteed" Frequency that the Hardware will always Achieve (regardless of the Silicon Quality)... the Game Clock is what they've tested the Hardware to hit > 90% of the Time., so it's the effective "Clock" the Hardware can run at; while the Peak is usually what the Hardware can Max out at with the current Power Tables. 

I keep hearing of people complaining about the RX 5700 XT Frequencies., but at least in my experience on my Reference Model... it rarely drops below 1900MHz (close to it's Peak Clock of 1905MHz)., and what AMD "Guarantee" via the Game Clock is 1755MHz.

And as noted, this is on the Reference Model... so it actually has quite a small Cooler and uses a Blower Fan., so in terms of Heat Dissipation; it's hardly what you'd call a "Great" Setup.

Now the Peak is just what the Target Frequency is., it's what it'll aim to hit; where-as the Game is what you should always be above. Are these Clocks below NVIDIA? Well, yes... but then we're talking about different Architectures and Processes., so you can't really compare them Apples-to-Apples. 

Instead it's the Performance Metrics that can be compared; and if you actually look closer at Performance Metrics Over-Time., you'll tend to notice that AMD Architectures have a habit of having a much smaller Frame Jitter (i.e. smaller Range between the Maximum and Minimum Avg. Framerate) ... where-as NVIDIA will often have a larger Avg. Jitter and suffer from large Peaks more often (either Higher or Lower).

And Game Performance in Real-Terms depends more heavily upon Smoother Frame Output, than Higher Overall Avg. 

in any benchmark the card works 100% clocks up to 2000mhz+

ingame it downclocks like crazy from 1400 to 400 its a driver issue its aknowledged already 

0 Likes
qwixt
Forerunner

Turn off vsync. If you see stutter, it's due to something else.

0 Likes

what else could it be when I plug in my 980 ti i get no stutters and when im with 5700xt i do get stutter.

Its CLEARLY driver issue now ive been waiting since February 3 that I own this card to have working drivers for it so it wouldnt stutter on my 240hz 1080p freesync monitor, and downclocks 

shoesfx
Adept II

I understand what he is trying to say, obviously eng is not his main lang. Personally i love my Red Devil card but sadly i'm also joining nvidia on my next purchase.
This is indeed the worst experience i had with amd drivers, all these hard reboots jeopardize my pc and for months now they haven't found a steady sollution.

Yes Enchaced Sync is disabled, but even now and then i get black screens which is NOT ok.

I can understand when problems appear on games with nvidia involved but playing Division 2 and having BS on  launch it's simply unacceptable -end of story.

0 Likes

It is starting to look like: 

(1). Manufacturer BIOS settings on some RX5700XT have VBIOS settings for Base, Game, and Boost clocks higher than ther own specifications for the GPU. 

(2). In some cases it looks like Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2. might be setting too high default values for Base, Game, and Boost clocks, again higher than the specifications for the GPU.

If that turns out to be true then it is no wonder RX5700XCT GPUs are crashing / unstable.
I think AMD need to investigate those two points based on recent feedback. 

(3). Another issue is people are installing MSI Afterburner along with Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2. Perhaps to use RivaTuner Performance Overlay or to use RivaTuner Frame Rate Target Control because FRTC slider has been removed from Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2. GUI/UI and tied to Chill_Max.

Whatever the reason for MSI Afterburner install ...

They are then losing previously applied Fan Curves or Undervolts on PC reboot.

(4). AMD might want to go to
MSI, Radeon RX 5700 XT MECH OC 
ASUS, ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING | ROG - Republic Of Gamers | ASUS Global 
Gigabyte, Radeon™ RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global 

and any other AIB partners who heavily promote their 3rd party OC tools with the AMD RX5700XT GPUs that sell them and tell them to stop promoting those tools or fix such problems in the OC tool or fix the AMD Driver.

Also the latest version of Sapphire Trixx Boost needs looking at for other reasons - the custom resolution generated caused problems with Radeon Performance overlay last time I looked: https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-radeon-rx-5700-xt-se-8g-gddr6 

While they are talking to Sapphire and MSI - please ask them to unlock HBM overclocking via MSI Afterburner and Sapphire Trixx on Fiji GPUs.
Vega launch is long over now, nobody cares if Vega 56 reference gpu is  <10% faster than Fury or FuryX with HBM overclock so no need to limit Fiji GPU performance so Vega 56 reference looks great any more.
There seem to be few Vega 56 's or 64's left for sale as new anyhow and finding good condition Fury or Fury X's is now an Ebay occupation akin to looking for a needle in a haystack.

Thanks.

0 Likes

The R9 Fury card I found on eBay was only listed that same day. There are no more cards left.

The vendor had them priced to sell so I grabbed on for $80 which is very cheap but power costs will be slightly more over the RX 480

AMD seems to be waiting for nVidia to release something before they launch a countermove.

0 Likes