cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

trent76
Journeyman III

Amd Ryzen gpu has been a complete let down.

I have an rx6700xt and im tired of games not running on this **bleep** thing. Hours of troubleshooting just to get the game to run is ridiculous. I know for a fact im not getting ryzen next upgrade I make. It seems all publishers only release games made to run on nvidia. For christ sakes I never had this issue on my gtx 1070

1 Reply
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

So the Ryzen name is associated with the CPU line of AMD, not the GPU line.  I think you mean the AMD Radeon RX 6700XT is the video card you are having problems with.  Have you installed the latest graphics drivers?  Is you computer otherwise running fine for normal activities besides gaming?

I recommend you use this link and have the AMD autodetect tool check and update your chipset drivers too.  It works well for me when I build a new computer.

After the updates, then try a few of the games to see if they are more playable.  You shouldn't need to under-volt or do other tricks to get a good gaming experience from that video card at 1080p resolution.  Make sure you have good airflow around the card so it doesn't get too warm.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes