cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

clolouise24
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics on Huawei Matebook 13 AMD 2020 - Brightness Flickering Issues

Hi there!

I recently purchased a Huawei Matebook 13 AMD 2020 laptop during the Black Friday sales - I'm not planning on using it for gaming, just personal use, and some light adobe work. Unfortunately after a day or so I started to notice a flickering issue with the screen - the screen isn't flickering on/off but the brightness seems to be constantly adjusting. 

I know my way around a computer pretty well but when it comes to hardware, drivers etc I am pretty clueless. I've tried everything I can think off on the Windows side such as making sure I don't have auto adjust on for the power plan, playing around with the power plan which doesn't seem to do anything, I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the display driver in safe mode and a full windows reset and reinstall. 

I've been in the AMD settings and also had a play around - I saw a few issues regarding Freesync that sounded similar however that isn't supported on my device and I've switched GPU scaling from from disabled to enabled, and vari-bright level to enabled and still no changes. 

Another strange thing - I can see 'spots' of brightness along the bottom of my screen, almost like a spotlight (I noticed this when I was playing around with the power settings, so may not be AMD related but thought it was worth mentioning)

Like I said, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff so I just want to make sure it's not anything I can easily fix before I request a refund. 

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Best, 

Chloe

0 Likes
1 Reply
mackbolan777
Forerunner

It's new, just return it. Unless you changed video drivers, it sounds like a buggy digitizer and that's the manufacture's issue. 

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes