cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

benny7
Journeyman III

AMD Instant Replay saving separate tracked audio in separate m4a file.

I recently purchased a 7800XT about a week ago, and although so far the performance has been great, as well as Adrenaline Software being a massive upgrade over GeForce Experience, I'm disappointed in one feature that their recording feature as.

As opposed to ShadowPlay, where clips with separate tracked audio are saved under the same mp4 file, AMD's recording software saves clips that have separate tracked audio into 2 files, an mp4 file and an m4a file. So 2 different files are saved for one clip.

This might seem like a small issue, however for my use case, that will completely screw up my workflow for video editing. I'd have to match the m4a file with the mp4 file for hundreds of clips spanning over many games.

I know this isn't the case for everyone, however, this is the deal breaker for me using the Instant Replay feature. If they'd simply allow the user to toggle whether they'd want separate files, this would be a non-issue.

For now though, I will simply be using OBS. Please fix, AMD.

0 Likes
1 Reply
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

If you don't need separate audio tracks at all (regardless of if they're in separate files), you can turn the Separate Microphone Track option off at Record & Stream > Settings.  But, if you do need separate audio tracks, but just don't want it separated into different files, I agree that it would be nice to have it all in one file.

0 Likes