Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

MultMen
Journeyman III

AMD EXPO I e II - DDR5 - Series 7000

Hello everyone, everything good.
I assembled my new computer this week, and I called a professional technician to assemble it.
Ryzen 7 7800x3d
Asus TuF Gaming x670e Plus wifi
64gb (2x32gb) DDR5 6000mhz 36CL (KF560C36BWEAK2-64)
RTX 4080 Super
XPG 850W Core Reactor II
However, I'm not able to put EXPO I or II on, it keeps giving an orange light on the motherboard. Only works with Jedec 4,800 mhz. This is already the second motherboard, since the first one I bought was the TuF Gaming 650M and the EXP didn't work either, nor the Jedec in the RAM, but it wasn't listed as compatible on the ASUS page, so I returned the board. and I bought this x670e.
Does anybody know how to solve this ? I have already returned the Rams memories, and I will test with other Rams memories.
I see that on some forums people are having this problem too, is there any position on AMD's part?

0 Likes
1 Reply
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi, indeed there is. EXPO is considered overclocking and therefore is not 100 guaranteed. If you visit 7800X3D official Web page you will see that for 2x2R memory 5200 is the maximum supported speed.

However, you can check board QVL to see if your memory kit it was tested with EXPO profiles by the vendor. 

What can you try? Disable MCR. Thats what I did or I get BSOD or orange led light all the time. 

Other stuff? Try DOCP profiles if available or put 5200/6000 manually.

More? If you want to stick with shorter boot times, then you need MCR enabled and power down mode too. 

Update BIOS if all fails then clear CMOS and repeat. 

I have 7950X with ASUS RoG X670E-A running 6000 and CL32 with a Gskill kit.

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes