cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

noodles59
Miniboss

AMD Display Optimization?

Looks like there is a new toy included with the latest driver but why does it install when there is no supported driver detected? What are the requirements anyway?

23 Replies

There's also a 'amd graphics profile' and 'amd radeon settings lite' apps on MS store, very strange.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

0 Likes

Okay, tak, and what are supported display drivers?

Apparently not 19.2.3

0 Likes

Seems these apps may be for the Windows UWD(Modern) drivers (the 3 legit apps.).

Probably not meant to be used with regular amd drivers.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Perhaps it would be a good idea to let AMD users/folks officially know whatabout!?

Maybe AMD display UWDs are on its way?

0 Likes

https://www.nag.co.za/2019/01/07/amd-and-intel-now-support-microsofts-uwd-technology-so-what-are-the...

Clicking on the links gets some negative comments from people who have tried to install these things...not able to install, etc.

No dates on the apps...so hard to tell how long they have been there.

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

Thats why I asked what your specs were....how did you find out you were missing something? 

0 Likes

Coz the display optimisation window suddenly popped up (after 19.2.3 install) on my screen telling me - see above screenshot!

My specs? Ryzen system with RX-570 card... this nuf?

0 Likes

Linked an article (currently in moderation) from 3rd party in Jan. This part,

I installed 19.2.3 last night, multiple restarts and a shutdown, I don't get the app pop up.

Maybe windows overrode your install ?

Been reading some not good things about these UWD drivers (Intel and Nv.). Once your on them they're not easy to remove and/or can no longer(supposedly) use or install regular drivers.

Haven't researched it fully( but I opted out/chose not to install the intel ones on my new cpu).

Wonder if the recent threads on driver installs freezing/fails are related to UWD. 

0 Likes

0 Likes

Intel has been notifying users, that go to the site, of the pending changes for quite awhile. I wonder if users that have installed these through WU are having conflict issues.

Introduction of Windows DCH Drivers for Intel Products 

Introduction of Windows DCH Drivers for Intel Products

Documentation

Product Information & Documentation

01/17/2019

What is changing?

Microsoft is changing the way that hardware drivers work on the Universal Windows Platform (UWP), Windows® 10 (and later), and Microsoft Windows* Server 2019 (and later). Hardware running on these operating systems can use Windows DCH Drivers. Intel will begin distributing Windows DCH Drivers for its products beginning in November 2018.

How do these changes affect driver updates for Intel products?

As of November 2018, driver updates for Intel products on these operating systems will begin transitioning to Windows DCH Drivers. After a driver has been updated to a Windows DCH Driver, it's possible to roll back to a legacy driver; however, rolling back isn't recommended as it involves a complex process that could result in system instability. This system instability is especially pertinent to graphics drivers. You can find more information on this subject.

How do I load Intel® driver updates?

You can load most Intel® driver updates using the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), which will:

• Detect your machine’s configuration.
  • Identify your current Intel® drivers.
  • Notify you of any drivers that need updating.
  • Give you the opportunity to update those drivers.
NoteThe Intel® DSA tool doesn't currently work for Windows* Server or Ethernet products. For these customers, and customers who prefer to manually identify and load a specific driver, these customers can use Download Center.

More detailed information on DCH Windows Drivers can be found on the Microsoft site.

0 Likes

I have no real idea how the AMD Optimization software was installed but guess it was the latest driver - I uninstalled those tools a few minutes ago.

UWD drivers are much smaller in size than traditional installers -  my Realtek Audio UWD is ~30MB in size (download) while the traditional Realtek driver is ~250MB+ to get it. The only caution about UWD is uninstall the old traditional driver first then install the UWD - no install over. So far not seen any problems.

0 Likes

Maybe it auto installed from MS store, windows reliability history monitor might show where it came from ?

0 Likes

There is no search function in this monitor?

I checked the Feb but nothing in there.

0 Likes

This, View by Days . click the date(or blank) you installed driver.

noodles59
Miniboss

I just reset Win10 (clean install) and interestingly that AMD Optimization is auto installed by The MS shop and it works as long as there is no AMD driver installed - once the 19.2.3 is active it shows top mentioned error. 

0 Likes
pooroldbaldy
Journeyman III

I have the same issue with a brand new notebook (Asus FX505 DT) which came with this app pre-installed. The AMD Display Optimization app ran until I updated AMD drivers a few days ago (the day I took delivery) and since then to Radeon/Adrenalin 19.8.2.

I ran the AMD driver auto detect and installation tool, and have also checked that all AMD drivers are up to date by using device manager as well as AMD Radeon Settings app. Windows Device Manager confirms that all drivers are the latest version and finds no problems. So far the only solution Asus tech support have is to to use the AMD auto detect tool, which I've aleady tried. As per an AMD email alert yesterday I've also confirmed that all drivers are the latest version.

Reliability Monitor shows one warning which doesn't seem relevant: Asus Update Helper, "Unsuccesful application reconfiguration." Technical details: "Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: ASUS Update Helper. Product Version: 1.3.107.9. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1638."

My system has an AMD Ryzen 5 3550H processor, with Radeon Mobile 8 Gfx/Vega 8 graphics as primary/integrated. The Radeon software version is 19.8.2, using Adrenalin. BIOS Version

The notebook also has the GTX 1650 GPU. I've mainly used the machine for gaming (with the GTX 1650), but the integrated graphics work fine for general use incluing watching movies and photo editing. Not sure I'm missing out on anything, but I'd like to see what this app can do.

have u found a solution because i also have the same laptop with the same issue?

0 Likes