Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

chyzzle
Journeyman III

Amd auto update

Hello, 

I got a Ryzen processor recently and a wierd window just popped up randomly.

Is this normal or should i take steps to reconfigure something?

I attached a picture of the window that popped up and since its definitely wierd behaviour i want to let someone know.

My System:

Ryzen 5 5600x

Rtx 3080

16gb DDR4 3600 Ram

MSI gaming edge wifi mainboard

Windows 10 Pro

amd auto update.PNG

7 Replies

Never seen it myself, what amd drivers/software have you downloaded/installed, and where from?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

I don't see that popup (or haven't, yet).  But the date stamp on my AMD > AutoUpdate folder matches that on the AMD > RyzenMaster folder.  So, I'd assume that has something to do with RM's update feature.  Do you have it installed?

Yes i have the Ryzen Master software installed. 

I closed the window and it didnt appear again until now. At least nothing seems broken xD

Maybe it was just a onetime thing , at least i hope so.

0 Likes

Would appear to be a command line to run AMDAutoupdate.exe 

Skripts are nothing special or need to worry about

It looks like you can stop that window from popping up if you change the scheduled task to "Run whether user is logged on or not:"

https://www.howtogeek.com/tips/how-to-run-a-scheduled-task-without-a-command-window-appearing/ 

I don't see a way to actually disable the task in Ryzen Master's Settings, but I guess you could change the frequency to something more to your liking.  You can also do that in Task Scheduler (and, probably, disable it altogether there).

b52
Adept I

This is a Ryzen Master's update utility. It is scheduled to run every 15 days, by default. You can either reconfigure that interval in Ryzen Master settings page or simply disable it in the Windows Task Scheduler.

0 Likes
Belmont81
Adept I

So this also happened to me tonight. So, is this window supposed to do anything or just sit there looking at me?Screenshot 2024-02-25 000608.png

0 Likes