cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

AMD AGESA Feedback

I have copied the BIOS off of my X470 and X570 and looked the code based closely. 

What I have concluded is that the AMD AGESA code based needs to be revamped significantly. It is now clear why the platform is so sensitive to RAM. A redesign of the memory controller logic is needed.

I have also concluded that the X470 Gaming Plus is a cheaper 4 layer board with the top chipset used. I would have expected a slightly better platform but in the price sensitive world cost matters to many.

My X570 is more expensive and the use of PCIe 4.0 probably motivated the 6 layer approach. 

So I stand by my assessment that the memory logic needs to be revamped as well as the device manager.

0 Likes
2 Replies

You're probably better off writing to the company who made the BIOS to give them feedback.  

Or even applying for a job with them to improve the code.  

Andy

0 Likes

cosmicdance wrote:

You're probably better off writing to the company who made the BIOS to give them feedback.  

Or even applying for a job with them to improve the code.  

Andy

I tweeted them several times, so far so response

I can fix the BIOS if I had the full source, that is not hard from my perspective

To squeeze code into a tight space, threaded interpretive languages are the best options. These emerged with the early 8-bit processor for telescope control.