cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

javier_conrod
Journeyman III

AMD 4700S Motherboard black screen on Bios

Hello there! Recently I bought the AMD Cardinal Kit system with 4700s and RX 550, but during cleaning the computer, accidently removed the ClearCMOS jumper and now it doesn't show nothing, doesn't enter to Bios or something.

I have a power supply Acteck Integra 500W.

I have a HDMI monitor, but there's also a DVI output on RX 550 2GB.

The system was working fine the first days but after that, it won't load, just the black screen.

Also, I tried to re install the bios but it doesn't detect USB.

0 Likes
1 Solution

There is a AMD Forum thread concerning the 4700S Kit. I suggest you both ask your questions on that thread since they all have experience with the kit and BIOS (Latest): https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/lack-of-support-for-cardinal-4700s-desktop-kit/m-p/...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
jhaidariye
Adept II

Did you tried to reinstall GPU or RAM or power supply ?

so try to:

• clear CMOS by removing battery located in motherboard and install it again
  • try to install your GPU and RAM in other PC to check its work fine.
  • try to replace power supply by other one
0 Likes
dennermpb
Journeyman III

Have you any progress to this issue?

So I´m facing the same problem, I have to know if it have solution, removing the CMOS not solved that problem, I tried set jump up to clear CMOS and it didn´t work too.

Now the motherboard is turning on, the cooler is running very fast, but nothing show on screen, only black screen.

Thanks

There is a AMD Forum thread concerning the 4700S Kit. I suggest you both ask your questions on that thread since they all have experience with the kit and BIOS (Latest): https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/lack-of-support-for-cardinal-4700s-desktop-kit/m-p/...

0 Likes

This thread does not solve the problem in updating the bios on 4700S.

This thread does not solve the problem in updating the bios on 4700S.

0 Likes

I have exactly the same issue. System worked perfectly fine until I tried to reset the bios.

Now I get a Black screen, just the Fan is running nothing Else no keyboard no display.

There seem to be an issue with the bios reset on the Desktop kit4007s.

It seems to kill the System.

Any comments from AMD??

Regards Bernd Mark

The Users in that thread seems to have some experience with the 4700S Kit.

Did you reply to that thread asking for help or suggestions?

The thread may not have your answer but possibly one of the Users can give some troubleshooting tips on how to help fix your problem.

0 Likes
Dustangel999
Journeyman III

I have exactly the same problem. The GPU LED lights up red. CMOS removed and jumpers set them success. 

0 Likes