cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

droberts1956
Adept I

AMD 3600X on Gigabite X570 MB

i have a Gigabyte x570 MB that will not run with my 3600X with a RX570 Video card

i have 32 Gb of ram on it and when i boot up it will constantly crash when staring Windows, windows is a new copy on a clean m.2 500Gb hd.  if it does get to boot into windows it is stable for about ten min.

the "funny" thing is that if i put my old 2400G on the X570 it runs fine and when i install the RX570 video card it is stable

of interest is when i move the 3600X to my Gigabyte B450 MB with the Graphics card that also is stable 

Bios is the latest F33a

i have switched the RAM around and run with 2 sticks and there is no change, i am using XMP on the ram

not over clocking

what have i over looked

respectfully submitted

0 Likes
6 Replies
delevero
Adept III

A guess try this.

1). go into bios
2). select advanced mode ( F2 key )
3). find CPU Vcore Auto and change AUTO to 1,4volt
4). save and exit
5). try to play your games again.

The above made my own computer able to run games that i could not play yearsterday and i had 0 crashes the last 5-6 houres i play hitman 3 and another game.

0 Likes

thanks i will give that i try

best and thanks agian

0 Likes

Sounds like a defective motherboard.

I would open a Gigabyte Support ticket and see if they recommend to RMA the motherboard.

Since you installed both the CPU and GPU on a different Motherboard and it worked normally indicates the X570 is defective or you have some hardware that is incompatible.

I imagine Gigabyte would suggest some troubleshooting tips to verify whether the motherboard is defective or not.

0 Likes

i will do that 

i did remove all of the hard drives and reinstalled Windows on a clean M.2.    running it outside the case just to make sure that there was nothing with the case that interfered with the MB

even went so far as to not us my 4K monitor just to see if there was some issues with the Video Card

i did replace the MP under warrantee and it did not solve the issue once before

Thanks for your help

Sometimes incompatible or defective RAM Memory modules can cause problem like yours.

Is your RAM listed on your Motherboard's Matisse RAM MEMORY QVL LIST?

If it isn't then try using just one stick and see if the problem continues or not.

Also to eliminate bad DIMM Slots or RAM I would run MEMTEST86 to eliminate defective RAM or DIMM Slot.

0 Likes

thanks 

the ram is listed for this MB and Chip

the chip and Video card are running fine on my B450 board with 16 Gb of Ram

i will try running MEMTEST86

thanks again