cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

7950X

I recently had an Asrock Phantom Gaming X PC with an AMD Ryzen 5950X proc running windows 22H2. After a certain time I could not start the pc, it suddently interrupted and rebooted sequential after a certain time. After 2 month looking for a solution on that without success I decided to buy a new one.

I now have an AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D with an AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT, 128GB Kingston Flury RAM and a new WD SN770 Black 2TB ssd bequiet psu 850 and bequiet water cooler on an Asrock Steel Legend X670E mob. 1st win11 install went ok, but it started to reboot sequentially as the pc I had before, so I decided to buy new ssd drive 2TB and I also had the chance to start the win11 setup, but after initial installation (1st screen copied onto drive) and the following required reboot the system always goes to the start screen Image and at that point when the rotating sign size changes from small to medium it then sudden breaks after a few seconds and the pc reboots into the bios.
I'm not able to do any configuration changes nor read out any log files. I left the pc running for hours, it just keept booting and booting. I arraged 2 or 3 times to put it into the safe mode but it ends in the "fix problems - choose and option" screen, does not go to any safe mode, no solution at all.
In the fix problems screen I did sfc /scannow and it states to have problems fixed which should be visible in the cbs.log file. No access tot that, it still keeps rebooting. dsim.exe does not work as I do not have admin rights there, but I tried to set it up, without success.
I have a second ssd drive with win11 21H2 on the pc which I can boot up and read out some log files, but this instalation is not usabble as any command keeps hanging. As it is the only way to have a look at the logs from the new instalation, I won't try to upgrade that ones as I suppose that it will not go well.

Any suggestion on that? Did anybody expereience similar issues? Appreciate advices.

2 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

You just went ahead and bought another computer and you are still having problems?  If you bought a new system, why do you need to install Windows on it?  The things you are trying when trouble-shooting the problem don't quite make sense to me.  

Try a clean install of Windows 11 and let Windows select the chipset drivers and other software to get you into a stable configuration.  Make sure you are not over-clocking your new system right off the bat.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

Thank you for your response BigAl01,

Thank you for your respone3 months ago, I had ongoing sequential shutdowns that prevented me from working with my banking web account, email, as well as other online work, because after the unexpected reboot I was always locked out of my accounts and had the to always fix that.

I then sent in the mob to the selling point due guarantee and afterwards I bought me a Taichi (mob was refund) a new higher psu (titan, 850w). Windows11, I had to reinstall because I also replaced the ssd to rule out possible errors.

Thus, I did a clean install, but I had to go for the AMD chipset and raidexpert installation too, as I have a raid 10 with 4 disks on my pc.

The 5750x setup went well, I had it running for a few hours with all the AMD drivers on it without any problems, but since then, I didn't start it anymore for about 2 weeks, as I have the fear that the shutdowns will come back again.

Just to tell you why:

I bought me new components: AMD 7950X3D, Asrock Steel Legend X670E, AMD RX 6750 XT, 4 x 32GB Corsair Fury CMK64GX5M2B6000C40, bequiet dark power psu 850W, bequiet water cooler silent loop 2 and a bequiet silent base 802 tower. 3 new ssd WD black SN770 2TB.  WD blue SN570 2 TB and a Samsung 990 Pro 1Tb.

1st installation with the only WD SN570 went ok, it started normal, but after 2 days being unbroken online it started to shutdown unexpectedly. And it didn't come back to normal again. So, I decided to get the WD black SN770 to do a new win11 install, which went ok and stayed stable for about 4 days. Putting back the SN570 as a secondary SSD went to sudden unexpected shutdowns randomly.

Boughr me the Samsung 990 pro 1TB ssd to do a clone of the SN770 drive-

Had that 990 pro ssd running for about 5 days (the other ssd on the mob) and suddenly it came back to shutdown unexpectedly.

The event viewer does show any identical related issues id, always completely different cause ids, so it is not objectively to get out what the root cause could be.

Out of that, my Omen HP Ryzen 5800H win11 and my Lenovo T410 notebooks (cross fingers ;-)) do not have such problems, they run error free! Also, the MSI pc from my older and the Asrock Taichi x99 from my younger boys run error free. I'm struggling, I'm a server engineer but do not have deep knowledge of client systems. My question is, are the main hardware and os companies not interested in an open development market for pc component availability? I'm lost here.

0 Likes