cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

dRAVID
Adept I

XFX 7900 xtx MW3 fps drops in war mode/zombies

I recently got a XFX 7900 xtx card. It works great. But when i play MW3 that was released this friday (NOV 10) i get FPS drops i certain game modes. Multiplayer works really good, avg like 270 FPS. BUT when i play war mode/zombies, my FPS can drop down to like  70-80. What is the problem?? is it driver related?

0 Likes
15 Replies
Romaine
Adept I

I'm experiencing crashes on Zombies compared to Multiplayer.. same GPU 7900xtx

I've tried previous driver and this current one and both crash for me 

0 Likes
Mattipulation
Journeyman III

Hi, I have a 6900xt with 5950x CPU. in 1440p i have my frames capped at 240hz to match my monitor, but any time i face the middle of the map my fps drops similar to yours 80-100fps. Id say the game is optimized badly- there must be a lot going on at the center of the map causing this. It causes my game to stutter and is especially annoying when trying to aim. With in game settings on low-normal the gpu is not taking enough load it seems.

Hopefully the problem can be voiced and heard by AMD.

Exactly, always at the center of the map

If I find anything that helps i will let you know

0 Likes

Thanks, if I find a solution I will post it here!

0 Likes

It’s not the GPU or driver.. it’s CPU limited. if you look at your GPU usage and these areas it’s probably only using 70 to 80% because of the CPU bottle neck. The developers definitely need to try to optimize this.

0 Likes

It was the driver that was the issue, stop write things that you’re not 100% sure off. Nvidia users have same issues with specific cards. For them it helped to disable resize bar or what it’s called.

0 Likes

look up how resizable bar and SAM work. It’s the games large map and the developers laziness on not optimizing the game… I have tried the last 4 drivers and in zombies (Depending were in the map) the FPS takes a huge it.  You also don’t have to change the driver to shut off SAM or resizable bar

0 Likes
darkchy
Journeyman III

Hi,
i had the same with my 7900xtx and my intel 14900k, but if i disable resizebar in the adrenalin software i dont drop below 200fps in mw3 zombies. Try it.  

I just solved it by rolling back driver. Now i dont drop FPS in multiplayer neither. I found out that the issue was that the GPU didnt have a stable clock speed. But after rolling back driver its always on like 2900mhz

Which driver do you use? Got the newest driver and the same problem with my 6900xt.

The most recent driver, Not the newest but the one before.

Bigdaddy1337
Journeyman III

hi been playing the COD:MW3 Multiplayer + Campaign for past 3 days its working normal for 
I am using the Preview Drivers for 7900xtx  trying using them, don't forget to use DDU to uninstall your last drivers.
Also try installing the game on an SSD or M.2 might help. Had this same annoying issue in my old build 12900k + 7900xtx for whole 7 months ( Unfixable gave up at some point ) now since i build my new pc with 7800x3d & 7900xtx the issue disappeared by itself

Bigdaddy1337_0-1700364506509.png

Mohanson
Journeyman III

Disable re-sized bar in BIOS and it will work as it should. For some reason re-sized bar is not getting along with the last cod update.

0 Likes
edward87
Journeyman III

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Visit the official website of the graphics card manufacturer (e.g., NVIDIA, AMD) and download the latest drivers compatible with your card.

2. Game Settings: Check the graphics settings within the game itself. Lowering certain graphical settings, such as texture quality or shadow details, might help improve performance.

3. Temperature Monitoring: Monitor the temperature of your graphics card while playing. Overheating can cause FPS drops. Use software like MSI Afterburner or GPU-Z to check the temperatures.

4. Power Settings: Ensure that your system's power settings are optimized for performance. In some cases, power-saving settings may limit the performance of your hardware.

5. Background Processes: Close unnecessary background processes and applications while gaming. Some programs running in the background can consume system resources.

6. Check Game Updates: Ensure that your game is updated to the latest version. Developers often release patches and updates that can improve performance and fix bugs.

7. Windows Updates: Make sure your operating system is up to date with the latest Windows updates. Some updates include performance improvements and bug fixes.

8. Verify Game Files: In your game launcher or platform (e.g., Steam), verify the integrity of game files. Corrupted game files can lead to performance issues.

9. Check System Requirements: Confirm that your system meets or exceeds the recommended system requirements for MW3, especially for the specific game modes causing issues.

10. Memory Issues: Check your system's RAM usage while playing. If your system is running out of memory, it can lead to performance problems. Consider upgrading your RAM if it's insufficient.

11. Network Issues: FPS drops can sometimes be related to network issues, especially in online multiplayer modes. Ensure a stable and high-speed internet connection.

Additionally, check for driver updates and game patches regularly, as new updates may address performance issues.

0 Likes