cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

What upcoming game releases are you excited for?

Curious to know what games you all have your eyes on for the rest of the year! I feel like whenever you have this conversation with someone, they'll name at least one you didn't know about. Hopefully, that stays true on this thread haha 

If not a release, what do you want to play next when you get the chance? I am personally want to play:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

MWII-000-ARTREVEAL-TOUT.jpg

(Yes I know the beta is out, but I want to watch some people play it first to see if it's worth the steep $70)

Midnight Ghost Hunt 

This game is available on steam right now, and I honestly may purchase this next week... it looks really fun! 

@blazek I also saw that they're coming out with a new Cuphead game this month! Are you going to snag it when it comes out?

Looking forward to y'alls answers - have an amazing weekend everyone!  

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
17 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

I was going to post the new Cuphead The Delicious Last Course until I scrolled down and saw the mention! 😂 I'm hyped for it!

Also the TMNT game, can play up to 6 players co-op!

It's a shame that everything I'm looking forward to hasn't been officially announced, but I'm praying the rumors are true. With that said:

• Ghost of Tsushima (Waiting for the PC version)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (Rumors this is also supposed to come to PC)
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Steam Version)

Maybe The Last of US Remake that Sony announced that supposed to come to PC as well. As you can see, my up and coming titles are mostly hopes and dreams. But I can wait for I am a patient man, lol

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

Starfield and The Callisto Protocol. 

Gigabyte RX 6800 XT Gaming OC - stock

Ryzen 7 3700X - stock

4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz

Corsair H100i Elite Capellix 240mm AIO

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi

Corsair RM850x 850w PSU

Crucial MX500 1TB SATA SSD

Crucial P2 500GB NVMe PCIe Gen3 SSD

WDBlack SN750 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen3 SSD

Corsair 4000D Airflow

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

It's an exciting year for new games!! I've got my fingers crossed for a good port of Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered  on PC, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, and The Lord of the Rings: Gollum.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
red5
Miniboss

Stormgate - from Frost Giant Studios.  Some former big names at Blizzard are part of this. It's an RTS game like Starcraft and Warcraft III.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
Key-J
Paragon

@Amber_AMD I am also really looking forward to the Modern Warfare II remastered. I'm just hoping that they keep the "essence" of the original game.

In terms of other games, I am looking forward to:

ARK 2ARK 2

It just got confirmed for 2023, which is unfortunate as there was a lot of expectation that it would come out 2022 - but I am willing to wait!

Arc RaidersArc Raiders

This game is being built by Embark Studios, which apparently is made up of the core group of original DICE Battlefield Employees that left the studio after BF4. So there are some high expectations here. 

co49d6

It's technically not an upcoming release, since you can currently play it in CBT. However, it is supposed to go F2P open shortly and it has been one of the main games I have been playing for a while. 

Diablo 4Diablo 4

I really only got into Diablo with Diablo 3, and it was simply because my friends pressured me into playing it. However, it was a lot of fun and I sunk a good number of hours into it, so I can't say I'm not looking forward to Diablo 4.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

I'm personally looking forward to PC Building Simulator 2, which is currently in open beta!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRtowcZtaos

Ryzen 9 5950X | 6950XT Liquid Devil | ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme | Team Force Dark Za 64GB (16GB x4) |Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2TB and 4TB |EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | One crazy cooling loop

Wow everyone has listed some really awesome games!! I really need to try and branch out and find something new out of these recommendations, so that I stop playing League of Legends all the time 😂

Update on me, I did try Midnight Ghost hunt and it was just okay... I tried to play it a couple of times but for me, it wasn't worth the $20. Thank goodness for Steam and their refund policy! 

Also, I am super into this PC Building Simulator @DarkLordAmbrosias! For complete transparency, I'm new to PC building and hopefully want to get into building one soon. Maybe that could help me envision what I want to build a little more. 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

@Amber_AMD what didn't you like about Midnight Ghost Hunt?  I've been thinking about trying it out, especially since I sometimes like playing Phasmophobia and thought that could be interesting to add to the collection.

Just getting into PC building eh?  Then PC Building Simulator and 2 can help teach you some of the basics.  2 has some nice updates that help make the experience a little closer to what it's really like.  That said, the games one biggest fault is that it does the cable management for you, in my humble opinion.  That is going to be your biggest headache.

One piece of advice I will offer is don't be afraid.  Things are going to happen sometimes and you might do something that ruins a part or two that warranty won't cover.  I've been building computers for 20 years almost and I've broken a number of parts over the years.  You'll find that some of it can be fixed.  Other stuff won't be able to.  It's how we learn to tinker with these sorts of things.

Ryzen 9 5950X | 6950XT Liquid Devil | ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme | Team Force Dark Za 64GB (16GB x4) |Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2TB and 4TB |EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | One crazy cooling loop

@DarkLordAmbrosias honestly, I'm been in a new game rut. So that could have to do with it. Basically, you're either a ghost or a hunter. And you have different abilities/guns for each. The more you play, the more points you get to unlock different abilities. It was just really repetitive for me. It truly felt like a knock-off prop hunt from COD lol. I would say if I was playing with friends, I would find it a lot more fun. But I was playing by myself lol. I have seen Phasmophobia a lot and have thought about playing it too! I just get scared with games like that LOL so they stress me out. So I've been hesitant. 

That is so awesome about PC Building Sim. @Ashley_AMD hooked it up and gave me a code for it so I'm gonna try out the Beta tonight hopefully.  I'll report back here when I do! 

And thank you so much for the tips. That was so nice and I will most definitely keep that in mind when I do get into it.  When I build my first one, I'm hoping to bring the community along with me on the journey. I'll be sure to tag you in it once that time does happen! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

It's my pleasure to give any tips and advice I can.  Knowledge may be power, but only when it is shared.  I look forward to hearing about how it goes for you in the sim as well as your first actual build.

I've looked at Midnight Ghost Hunt as being something more akin to the Dead by Daylight craze.  Admittedly, I do like the concept of DbD... but the lobbies!!!  I call it Lobby Simulator!  That said, I'll probably still check out MGH, just find it for cheaper.

I have to admit something though.  There is one game that I just found out got released on Steam today and I had no idea when it was coming out.  I got notified because it was on my wish list.  The game: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge.  This one takes me back to watching the cartoons and playing the old arcade game they had when I was growing up.  Soon...

@DarkLordAmbrosias wrote:

I have to admit something though.  There is one game that I just found out got released on Steam today and I had no idea when it was coming out.  I got notified because it was on my wish list.  The game: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge.  This one takes me back to watching the cartoons and playing the old arcade game they had when I was growing up.  Soon...

New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game? That was totally not on my radar. I also grew up with TMNT and as a matter of fact, they were my first concert experience with their "Coming Out of Their Shells" tour LOL. I'll definitely have to check the game out!

---
Ashley

As it turns out, Shredder's Revenge is actually on Game Pass.  I had no choice.  Installed it immediately.  LOL

0 Likes

@Amber_AMD wrote;

" I'm new to PC building and hopefully want to get into building one soon. Maybe that could help me envision what I want to build a little more. 

I know I am but one of MANY folks here who will be more then happy to answer questions, troubleshoot, argue over which parts are best for what, or help in any way needed when you get ready to get your first planned, built, and dialed in!!   I told my son a LONG time ago it was like the Jedi building their first light saber.   Even simple builds teach a LOT about what is happening under the hood.  

@DarkLordAmbrosias wrote:

I'm personally looking forward to PC Building Simulator 2, which is currently in open beta!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRtowcZtaos

As a fan of the first PC Building Simulator, I've gotta say that this has got me excited! That trailer looks amazing. Really looking forward to it.

For anyone interested in participating in the open beta, here's the link!

---
Ashley

For me, two games come to mind, COD MWII and The Calisto Protocol. My rig should be able to handle these games at full bore, but just in case, eyeing a 7900XT as well. C'mon AMD, release that badboy before nVidia releases their Lovelace GPUs.

Sorry, got carried away, I'm such an AMD guy, gonna get an Asus ROG G15 Advantage Edition because I'd be commuting to Canada and Thailand for extended periods.

AM4 R9 5900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX |Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 FS 2 | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Win11 Pro 22H2
DaBeast02 - AM4 R9 3900X | GB X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Acer XR341CK 34" 21:9 FS | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | SOLDAM XR-1 | Win11 Pro 22H2
filinux
Elite

I LOVE this topic @Amber_AMD because it gives me insight into up and coming games from folks that I know are real deal gamers AND it gives me yet another chance to yammer on about things I am excited about!!  

I have a LARGE backlog of games I am trying to finally get around to playing but one game is coming soon that I am REALLY excited to jump into.  What is it?  Gimme a "S"!!  Gimme a "T"!!, all right that's going to take forever, it is S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 Heart of Chornobyl.  I was initially put off a bit by the graphics of the earlier S.T.A.L.K.E.R games but after playing them I was hooked.  Call of Pripyat was one of the games I would actually look forward to getting back into every day.  

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 looks to have all of the things that made Call of Pripyat amazing but with ridiculously good graphics, (Unreal Engine 5), mod support, it looks like there may be a bit more horror mixed in, AND multiplayer being added soon after release has been announced,   If you have not played the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games it looks like this one may be a great place to start.  URL is stalker2.com.  

Like others have mentioned already I am also looking forward to the upcoming Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 release.  One thing that is really putting me off from this games release is its name.  I feel they could have dropped the "2" and  just called it "Modern Warfare" because the other Modern Warfare games naming was  not confusing enough as they are. 🙂