cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

What have you been playing?

Hey, Red Team. How has your year been going? I have been playing so many games over this last few months, and many of them have been great.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora has been really fun. The visuals were awesome and the frame gen was really well implimented. I have only spent about 12 hours in game but it has been pretty sweet. I enjoy adventuring in the world of Pandora. I like the movies, so that probably makes me biased. That said, I am having a pretty good time playing for an hour here or there.

cpurpe91_2-1711514054287.jpeg

cpurpe91_5-1711514451363.jpeg

Palworld blew me away with how well the game runs, and the fun that can be had catching monsters and building bases. I hardly got into the towers, only beating two, and had a blast. I spent a few days lost in this game. I found myself looking at the time, and realizing I spent hours on this game when I meant to just spend one or two.

cpurpe91_1-1711513584100.jpeg

cpurpe91_7-1711514608893.jpeg

Wayfinder didn't come out this year but has been pretty cool too. It is early access with a price tag of 20 USD, but I have put about 25 hours into the game and it feels really good to play. Admittedly I don't really know what to do beyond just questing and grinding XP. I should probably pay more attention to the story.

cpurpe91_10-1711515615674.jpeg

cpurpe91_11-1711515635182.jpeg

Dragon's Dogma 2 has been a breathe of fresh air, in that there is very little hand holding in this RPG. You do actually need to pay attention to conversations because some quests don't have markers. This isn't the best part. The best part is that you can hire friends NPC characters to help you in your journey. I have been avoiding using the "best" party members so I still get to enjoy the combat instead of just watching your party smash enemies that are supposed to be a challenge. I have a limited understanding of what is actually going on in the game but if you ignore the performance issues, this game is really a good time. 

cpurpe91_8-1711515082801.jpeg

cpurpe91_9-1711515095135.jpeg

I have played many other games, but I don't have screenshots, and many didn't come out this year. 

The list includes:

• Helldivers 2
  • Apex Legends (I have 0 skill)
  • Splitgate
  • Chivalry 2
  • Fallout 76
  • Dota 2 (I'm horrible)
  • Outriders
  • Need For Speed Heat, and Unbound
  • Battlefield 2042
  • Starfield

It has been a decent chunk of time since the new year, and I have been having a really good time. What are you playing? Are there any games that just blew your mind? 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
11 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Mighty Doom on my Mighty RoG phone 🤣

johnnyenglish_0-1711551437562.png

The Englishman

Is it free?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

It has a lot of "in-game ads (not comercial ads) to push you into buying stuff" but I'm not into it. 

I play it free free free without a single purchase. Its a single player game, I might as well take my sweet time to finish it and enjoy the slow progress.

Its funny as hell on earth. 🤣

😁

The Englishman

I may have to give it a try.

FunkZ
Forerunner

I am typically a late game adopter as I wait until they are heavily discounted. And as Far Cry 6 was initially exclusive to Epic I waited until it was on Steam before I picked it up. But it certainly didn't disappoint, I own every Far Cry except Primal and I have over 120 hours in 6 alone.

I would like to pick up Starfield at some point but I also have No Man's Sky on my wishlist for some time as well. In addition to single player RPGs I also enjoy puzzle games, the last one played was House of Da Vinci 2 and I also have Islands of Insight in my queue to try next.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
Toology86
Adept I

Been playing about half the games on that list.

AMD 7800X3D/Gigabyte 7900xtx/128gb DDR5
0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Avatar was great! Lately though, I've been playing mostly Fortnite and Last Epoch

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
Astronym
Journeyman III

I just picked up star wars jedi survivor great game so far. I must say it be great if they made another battlefront game.

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Been playing...

• The Division 2
  • Apex Legends
  • GTA V: Online
  • Hell Divers (I bought it, but haven't really played it yet)

Been a long time since I've had multiple games I've been interested in playing.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
ajlueke
Grandmaster

I haven't had much time to play games in the new year.  Currently I am summoning up the will to finish Red Dead Redemption 2 and Baldur's Gate 3.  I also have Ace Combat 7 on my list, as I enjoyed other entries in that series.

redlightuser
Adept I

Ever since i got my new PC on January. All of them on Ultra or high settings for 1080p. Avoiding upscaling whenever possible. Style of playthrough is semi completionist, offline. Some played the DLC, others haven't. 😛

qVp9ImZYNf.jpg

Current games in library:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Dying Light 2
Far Cry 6
The Last Of Us Part I
The Lies Of P
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

Completed games:

Alan Wake 2
Battlefield V
Borderlands 3
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War
Call of Duty WWII
Cyberpunk 2077
DOOM Eternal
Dead Island 2
Far Cry 5
Forza Horizon 5
God of War
Grand Theft Auto V
Marvel's Spiderman Remastered
Metro Exodus
Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Resident Evil Village
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
TEKKEN 8
WWE 2k24
Wolfenstein II - The new colossus

Tried but unfinished, for various reasons:

Ace Combat 7
Baldur's Gate 3
Devil May Cry 5 Vergil
DiRT Rally 2.0 GOTY
ELDEN RING
F1 22
FIFA 23
Forza Horizon 4
Gears 5 Hivebusters
HITMAN World of Assassination
Hogwarts Legacy
Horizon Zero Dawn
Middle Earth Shadow of War
Mortal Kombat 11
Pro Evolution Soccer 2019
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Resident Evil 7
Star Wars Fallen Order
The Evil Within 2
Watch Dogs Legion

For the record i had played every single game of relevance released up to the Q4 of 2016 (defective GPU) and in between 50 to 100 games up until 2024. Mostly quality indies and the such. Also had various consoles growing up and played numerous ROMs on emulators.

Yup, four months it's all it took to catch up. Boooooring! xD

I'd never play the suggested games by the OP. No offense. It takes experience to achieve an acquired taste in the best things. Never tried 1440p but i can already tell i am missing big time!  
0 Likes