cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

What have you been playing?

Hey, Red Team. How has your year been going? I have been playing so many games over this last few months, and many of them have been great.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora has been really fun. The visuals were awesome and the frame gen was really well implimented. I have only spent about 12 hours in game but it has been pretty sweet. I enjoy adventuring in the world of Pandora. I like the movies, so that probably makes me biased. That said, I am having a pretty good time playing for an hour here or there.

cpurpe91_2-1711514054287.jpeg

cpurpe91_5-1711514451363.jpeg

Palworld blew me away with how well the game runs, and the fun that can be had catching monsters and building bases. I hardly got into the towers, only beating two, and had a blast. I spent a few days lost in this game. I found myself looking at the time, and realizing I spent hours on this game when I meant to just spend one or two.

cpurpe91_1-1711513584100.jpeg

cpurpe91_7-1711514608893.jpeg

Wayfinder didn't come out this year but has been pretty cool too. It is early access with a price tag of 20 USD, but I have put about 25 hours into the game and it feels really good to play. Admittedly I don't really know what to do beyond just questing and grinding XP. I should probably pay more attention to the story.

cpurpe91_10-1711515615674.jpeg

cpurpe91_11-1711515635182.jpeg

Dragon's Dogma 2 has been a breathe of fresh air, in that there is very little hand holding in this RPG. You do actually need to pay attention to conversations because some quests don't have markers. This isn't the best part. The best part is that you can hire friends NPC characters to help you in your journey. I have been avoiding using the "best" party members so I still get to enjoy the combat instead of just watching your party smash enemies that are supposed to be a challenge. I have a limited understanding of what is actually going on in the game but if you ignore the performance issues, this game is really a good time. 

cpurpe91_8-1711515082801.jpeg

cpurpe91_9-1711515095135.jpeg

I have played many other games, but I don't have screenshots, and many didn't come out this year. 

The list includes:

• Helldivers 2
  • Apex Legends (I have 0 skill)
  • Splitgate
  • Chivalry 2
  • Fallout 76
  • Dota 2 (I'm horrible)
  • Outriders
  • Need For Speed Heat, and Unbound
  • Battlefield 2042
  • Starfield

It has been a decent chunk of time since the new year, and I have been having a really good time. What are you playing? Are there any games that just blew your mind? 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
44 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I am actual trash at Elden Ring, but I keep going back every now and then.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
redlightuser
Adept II

Fell Godrick in one attempt. Already beat the sentinel and the first dragon by the lake. Elden Ring is good, but not a Dark Souls sequel. In that regard DS3 is still so much pleasurable and polished than Elden Ring. They got to do something about those horseback fatal heights, very incongruent. Add more lines and richer dialogue. Too many one liners. Some "bosses" are not really all that. The summoning bell is game changing. The ashes of war... So long as you follow the grace and don't stray away too far, the game should be fairly easy.

I gave BG3 a second try, but had to uninstall and replace with Forza Motorsport. Too much DnD for my taste. A part that's particularly frustrating is leveling up. I had 8 hours invested in the game and added 6 characters to my party (custom main character, female noble paladin). The combat was not stimulating enough on balanced. Something off. Transformed my whole party into hobbits so i could infiltrate the young'uns hideout, only to evade the fight by using persuasion. Talk with animals, stuff like that. Every npc has something to say with a cutscene. My main problem was the leveling, character build and combat. It felt like a whole lot of trouble, for a whole lot of nothing.

Forza Horizon Motorsport is a welcome addition. Online mode is Hella fun. Rage 2 obviously had to go away. It's a rotten apple. Nearly done with Hitman, only missing 2 missions for the Hitman 3 campaign. Think i will skip the dlcs, since they reuse the same maps. Still not sure. Will have to replace it with something. Just don't know what. There are the COD and Crysis remasters, but i played all those games before, so it's a pass. Honestly have no idea. I like to keep 200 GB free minimum. Already put some series, house of dragons, the bear, the boys, the rookie. The new episodes/ season. Movies is harder since i saw over 7000 movies in the last 10 years. All eras, genres, including foreign. I find some hidden pearls along the way. Have IMDB lists with over 10 thousand entries. Watched pretty much all the series/ seasons worth watching as well.

4oFuvlxypa.jpg

Rockywhu
Elite

• Yakuza Series (I love RGG games)
  • Judgement & Lost Judgement
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Gears of War Series
  • Hellblade 2
  • Starfield (Have over 60 hrs in, big Bethesda fan)
  • Assassins Creed Series

Then I wind up all the Nvidia fanboys on youtube! lol

That's pretty much my gaming time this past year

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W

I’ve been playing the first descendant 

redlightuser
Adept II

Don't view these pics unless you are in for some serious mid game SPOILERS!

ELDEN RING™ 7_5_2024 12_04_50 AM.jpgELDEN RING™ 7_5_2024 12_04_56 AM.jpgELDEN RING™ 7_5_2024 12_05_06 AM.jpgELDEN RING™ 7_5_2024 12_05_14 AM.jpg

As you can see i am well on my way to becoming Elden lord and already one of the best players in the world. I joke. I recommend playing the game without the aid of guides, co-op, yt videos, any kind of aid. Unless you are absolutely stumped, but even so. Don't try to follow questlines through the aid of guides. Just let it go. Play the game. Enjoy.

For those who suck at Elden Ring. Try Dark Souls 3 first. Read everything. Start with the Samurai build. Guard counter and skill. Won't need more than the initial melee weapon, or another skill. Unsheathe is way better than any ash of war or native skill i have and the uchigatana is devastating. Already 13+ on standard.

Forza Motorsport is absolute trash. I rocked the game at full high settings, no upscaler, nothing on auto, except medium on mirror reflections and no raytracing. 70 to 100 fps average, 65 on the benchmark (the heaviest scenario possible). It's just trash and the online mode is even worse. Buy Forza Horizon 5 or Ride 5 for motorcycles if you like tracks.

OGYkvvxSTl.jpg

https://rentry.co/pw564p6a

The list can be found on that pastebin. I will use it for future submissions. This way i can avoid spamming this thread. If the mods could delete the previous lists and replace them with this link, I'd be thankful. An alternative would be to implement spoilers. Will the bbcode work here?

Ori and the will of wisps was a stuttering mess. Outer worlds spacer edition was beyond terrible. Stray is approved. Will try Dying Light 2 again, for the third time, pick up where i left. It's not a bad game, it's just that i had accidentally deleted that one save and then had to restart, but I had always been on the edge about uninstalling it. You don't need fsr on a rx 6600. You can rock mostly high (max) settings with dx 12 and medium on some, or maximum with fsr (some situations). The dialogue is bad, but the game is fine i guess.

Tony Hawks Pro Skater is good. Haven't got a good look yet. Will try starfield. It's not like i am full of options here.