cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

What handheld PC gaming system are you currently using or looking forward to getting and why?

I personally have the Steamdeck, but I'm seeing some pretty cool ones that are coming down the pipes. Curious to know what everyone is using or looking forward to and why you like/ want it.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
3 Replies
Key-J
Paragon

Not 100% sure if this counts, but I recently picked up the Switch and have played it in handheld mode 😛

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

What are your thoughts on the Steam Deck? My big thing with handhelds is... I rarely find myself in situations where I would actually game on it vs. a PC or console. Even if I do, I usually just play around on my phone... 😅

Eudicots
Adept III

I really like the Steam deck because it is a console first. The fact that it opens immediately in big-picture mode makes it super easy to start playing. Other handheld PCs are a PC first before they are a console. I find this annoying since I don't want to take extra steps. I just want to turn on my handheld and quickly get into a game.