cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Vertical mounting a GPU

Has anyone tried to put a GPU on the Fractal ARC MIDI tower vertical Extension slot? I saw the case earlier and the guy was selling it for only $10. Is it possible? I have PCIE riser extenders available, asking if it's possible.

The GPU is a Gigabyte RX Vega 64 OC, big card. But the Display port should be seen on the vertical expansion slot

arc-midi-r2-case-review,X-C-384816-22.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
saywhut
Challenger

I don't think that vertical mounted slot is meant for a GPU since most now and days are 2 slots+.

If you look at Fractal's website, it says it's deal for fan controllers or non-input expansion cards.

Fractal Design

Personally, I would just stay away from vertical mounted GPUs, they usually run hotter anyway.

0 Likes
jamesc359
Forerunner

I don't have this case, but I can see a potential issue with a vertical mount. This case only has a single vertical slot and most video cards require two slots. So you'd either have to cut a hole in the case, which may or may not be possible and in either case is not advisable, or you'll have to use a single slot card, which isn't going to impress anybody so that renders the point of vertical mounting it kind of moot. They do make kits that you can buy to mount a GPU vertically in almost any case, but they require you to cut out the PCI slot's horizontal braces.

For $10 that is an awesome though.