cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech Deals

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Special Opportunity to Buy an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT, Radeon RX 6800, or Radeon RX 6800 XT

RedTeam_Purchase_Opp_Banner_white_Font_670p.png

Hello, Red Team!

As you may know, we, the Community Management Team, have been looking to share the PAX East experience beyond the conference as much as possible. During the event, we held a few raffles, and offered our fans the opportunity to buy an AMD RadeonTM RX 6000 series graphics card at MSRP!

To start, we brought back two limited-edition AMD RadeonTM RX 6900 XT Halo Infinite Graphics Cards. You can win one by entering the current Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes or the Rig of the Month Contest.

Now, after a few discussions with our colleagues, I’m thrilled to inform you that you have the opportunity to purchase an AMD RadeonTM RX 6700 XT, AMD RadeonTM RX 6800, or AMD RadeonTM RX 6800 XT – which are no longer available to the general public on AMD.com – at MSRP!”

Here is how it works:

• You must be a registered member of the Red Team Community.
  • Similar to PAX East, the opportunity to purchase is based on a first-come-first-served basis and subject to product availability.
  • If you are interested you must fill out the form by clicking on the link below.
  • If you receive the opportunity to make a purchase, you will be sent an email with your credentials and instructions on how to place your order within a specific time window. The email will include:
    • The product you have selected to purchase based on availability.
    • A unique, non-transferable, URL to place your order online.
    • A unique, non-transferable, login information.
    • The specific time window, and deadline, for you to log in and complete the purchase.

Important notes:

• You will have the chance to rank the product you are looking to purchase as your first, second, or third choice. For example, you can select the AMD RadeonTM RX 6800 XT as your first choice and the AMD RadeonTM RX 6800 as your second choice, and the AMD RadeonTM 6700 XT as your third. In case your first choice is sold out, you will have the opportunity to buy your second choice and so on.  
  • We’ve allocated a few GPUs for this opportunity so if you are interested, please act now!
  • Shipping options will be available at check-out.  
  • One product per person.
  • This offer is open to members in the US, Canada, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, and Sweden.
  • You will have until Wednesday, June 15th at 5:00 pm CST to register for the opportunity to purchase one of these GPUs at MSRP.

Yes! I'm interested in the opportunity to buy a graphics card!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 15, 2022 Update

Hello Red Team! 

I have an update for you...

• The submission period for the opportunity to purchase one of the GPUs is now closed.
    • (The link to the form has been removed from the OP)
  • Those of you who filled out the form first, will receive an email on Friday, June 17th with instructions on how to make your purchase. Your purchase window will be open from Saturday, June 18 through Wednesday, June 22.
  • Thanks to you, your feedback, we will be working with our colleagues on similar opportunities moving forward. 😉

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 22, 2022 Update

Hello again, Red Team!

I have another update for you...

• Friendly reminder! The purchase window will close today (Wednesday, June 22), marking the end of this special opportunity. If you haven’t yet, please be sure to place your order today.
  • Thank you, Red Team, for your support, I hope you'll enjoy your new GPU.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
46 Replies
red5
Miniboss

Is there any chance a person could have the opportunity to buy multiple cards?

Maybe if there wasn't enough demand? I'm in need of some GPUs to get my gaming LAN back running 🙂

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN

Very nice, but maybe this kind of sale could have been started 1 year ago. That would have been an effective step against the scalper and would have saved me many pointless months where I thought on Thursdays I could acquire a card on normal way in the drop with all the bots around me

Hi @Darkfox 

You've made a good point. As mentioned in the OP, our goal here is to extend or share some of the experiences from PAX East on to you, those that couldn't make the conference. 

Thank you for joining Red Team! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!

What sucks worse than not getting something for a year is to get to the point where you finally get one and you feel special and then you see the product fall hundreds of dollars below list (think CPUs) or there is product just sitting around on the site, aka RX 6900 XT.

InfoManWD
0 Likes
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hi Red5, I hear you! For this special opportunity, only one product per person.
Sam
Your biggest fan!

No you cant get two!! , read the page it strictly said 1 product per person ...

• One product per person.
KnuckenFutz
Adept I

Awesome...  maybe I can finally upgrade from my NITRO+ Radeon RX VEGA64

Well currently I'm runnin' a Sapphire Radeon 5700XT Nitro +, but one of those 6800XT's would be soooooo bloody spectacular ! Gives me shivers.. Arrggghhh ... 😁

CharlieDontSurf66

indeed... one would pair nicely with the 5900X sitting here without home yet

...  had given up after a year of Thursday's

Felt the same way. Every Thursday came and gone empty handed until recently.

@Sam_AMDAre you allowed to share how many got invited or is this closed?

I've got an invite to buy 6700xt but I don't need this. I need 6800xt. 

You could buy it and give it to a good friend, I have many guys that would be happy about it, but they refused to pay above MSRP. I would buy it for them and only charge what I would have paid. I did this several times in the past, and that is what friends are for.

*disclaimer* This is not for scalping, just real friends!

Hi @Dragokar 

Great question. I can't. I'll get in trouble if I were to do so - I hope you understand. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes

Of course, I do understand it, would be nice to know, but I can see why u don't disclose this. No, I am not mad about it or that I didn't got a mail 😉 Cheers!

haadschi
Adept I

Awesome… maybe finally the opportunity to catch the awesome 6800 xt

does one get a buy link instantly after sign up?

I don't think they would go out until after the 15th?  Not sure

0 Likes

Hi @KnuckenFutz 

It depends on when you fill out the form and on availability. Plus, it's based on a first-come-first-served. The sooner you fill-out the form the better. So, assume you are interested, and fill-out the form, and if it's your turn in the queue, we'll get the process started by sending you the email with all the details. And based on your preferred shipping method, you could get the GPU fairly quickly. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!

@haadschi hello! 

Not instantly. The first step is to fill out the form we've created for this special opportunity. When done, and based on availability, you will receive an email with all the details and next steps. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
y2jsi
Journeyman III

This is awesome! Big AMD fan here. Built an AMD rig for my dad, my niece and myself. Just got a 5900x processor, upgrading from a 3800x, and a sweet 6900xt GPU! Trying to upgrade my niece’s RX 570 GPU! Good luck everyone!

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Woah, awesome!

infotree
Adept I

Thank you for the opportunity, currently running MSFS with my RX 590 Nitro + I would love a 6 series upgrade to push the settings to Ultra and enjoy the world in its glory.

TFM

0 Likes
zo77
Adept I

Let's see if i have a chance. Tried Thursdays for over a year with no luck 😞

0 Likes
Pepe1
Adept II

Thanks for the offer. It is a good opportunity to improve the GPU.

Key-J
Paragon

Amazing @Sam_AMD people are going to walk away super happy from this post, see just another benefit of being a Red Team Community member!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
ripcord
Adept III

My wife Says I can't buy any more GPU's for a wile! 😆

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Radeon RX 7800 XT, MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE Wi-Fi, 64 GB DDR4.
duk3
Journeyman III

Thank you very much for this opportunity. Replacing my Vega56 with the RX 6800 XT unicorn really would be a miracle after one disappointing thursday after another... 🙂

That's pretty dope AMD is droppin' these. A 6800 XT at $650 is Chef's kiss. 

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
feris
Journeyman III

Shut up and take my money 😀😁😍

joebangles
Adept III

Dang! Now I've put brakes to the latest build in order to wait for this sweet deal to come through 🤤.... registered Saturday, so my chances are probably low, but hey! worth a wait! No email today . . .😔

after re-reading this, people have until 6/15/22 to get in the queue-- AMD will probably start to unwind the queue after the door is closed on new applications

Sure hope that's the case, I'm all giddy with anticipation

0 Likes

Good morning, Everyone! 

Please be sure to check out the OP. I just added a few bullet points covering the submission period now being over, a notification email being sent on June 17th to those of you who responded first, and the time window to purchase the graphics card. 

Thank You Red Team! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!

My birthday just happens to be Saturday, so maybe I'll get lucky!  (although I still have to pay for it, so I'm not sure if that counts as a birthday 'present')

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Happy 'early' B-Day @red5
Sam
Your biggest fan!

For now, no Mail for me. Anyone got lucky here?
0 Likes

Well, no email for me either 😞

0 Likes

I also didn't receive an e-mail.

Are they late or did I do something wrong?

0 Likes