cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

upulnc
Adept I

Ryzen 5 2600 @ 105°C

I did a small render in SolidWorks 2018. CPU temperature climbed to 105°C . But system was running stable . I ran another render next day just to see what might happen and again, temperature was climbing pass 80°C therefore I stopped the render. As soon as I stopped the rendering, within 2 seconds, temperature dropped back to 64°C. Running Forza Horizon 4 in 4K and maximum CPU temp. reported was 78°C. Dropping CPU temp. from 80 to 64 quickly after the process ended means, heat dissipation in CPU is o.k. isn't it? (No problem in thermal paste). I used ASUS Ai SuiteIII came with the mobo to monitor together with AMD Ryzen Master software.

highly appreciate some expert comments on this to save my CPU (and mobo).

Ryzen 5 2600 with stock AMD Wraith Stealth cooler

ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING mobo (BIOS 4024)

G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C160-16GTZB @ 3,200MHz

MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5 ARMOR OC Graphics Card at PCIEX_16 socket

Samsung 970 EVO 250GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3 on M.2_1 socket (boot drive)

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD (StoreMI fast tier)

WD WD10EZEX 1.0TB 7,200RPM (StoreMI slow tier)

ASUS DRW-24D5MT DVD Writer

Gigabyte G750H 750W ATX power supply (on APC BACK-UPS 1250I off-line UPS)

LG 27UD58-B 27" 4K Display

Marvo CA-209 mid tower case

2 x 120MM front fans (RAIDMAX COBRA, 45CFM)

1 x 120MM top fan (CoolerMaster Silent Fan 120 SI1, 44CFM)

1 x 120MM rear fan (stock casing fan, 30CFM??)

Fans optimized using ASUS Ai Suite III Fan Xpert 2 utility

0 Likes
3 Replies
tymkoijn1
Elite

What are the cpu voltages and frequencies? if they are over stock settings then that may be the issue. Though the wraith can handle slightly harder, setting the strealth as far as I know can not handle it as well  as the wraith.   Also check to make sure that MCE is not enabled on your board and that Cool and Quiet is enabled. a simple youtube search with disable MCE and the name of your board will show you the full process. did you troubleshoot past checking the temps during load? Is 64 C your temps at Idle? does your cpu fan spin up? 

cpu settings set to Auto using Ryzen Master. system not overclocked in BIOS. all BIOS settings set to auto values except RAM which set to the XMP profile setting (3200 MHz). when all fans set to 100% idle temp drops to around 48. otherwise, normal idle temp around 52. haven't checked MCE yet. I'll check that also. yes, all fans spin up correctly. ASUS Ai suite is taking care of that neatly. ASUS replied saying may be the issue with SolidWorks. I doubt that. anyway, I will raise the issue with SolidWorks. but this happens only with SolidWorks. ran an AutoCAD render (about 4 minutes). cpu temp went to 82 and stayed there. I'm thinking of replacing Wraith Stealth cooler with a water cooler.

0 Likes
jamesc359
Forerunner

upulnc wrote:

Fans optimized using ASUS Ai Suite III Fan Xpert 2 utility

Are your fans picking up speed and running at or near 100% while this is happening? If not, it's possible that you need to reconfigure them so they're running at 100% before the CPU hits such a high temperature.