cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

camcoh_ru
Journeyman III

Ryzen 4000 support X470 chipset

Hello everyone Would like to know x470 chipset will support ryzen 4000? Just thought in the future to go to ryzen 4000 with ryzen 7 2700x. Now I have a motherboard x470 and someone says that everything will be fine and someone says that there will be no support.

5 Replies

It sounds like AM4 and ryzen 4000 is the last for AM4 but as usual wait for reviewers and official release information.

Ryzen 4000 and X670 scheduled for late 2020 

but here is a little info for ya!

AMD Ryzen 4000 Zen 3 CPUs & X670 Reportedly Arriving in Q4 2020 

0 Likes
zealotki11er
Miniboss

AMD said they will support AM4 until 2020 or something like at least 3 years so chances are high u will just drop a Ryzen 4000 with a bios update. 

0 Likes
ioliveirafarias
Journeyman III

They claim only the new coming B550 and X570  chipsets will be oficially supported.
AM4 is a dyng soquet, would be a mess have to buy a new mobo to upgrade to ryzen 4000 desktop series.

0 Likes
dragonsmen
Journeyman III

I really hope they change their minds on this they promised am4 support and turning around on the last generation and say well it's still am4 but we won't support 300 and 400 series motherboards because crap reason i'm it's not like you can just have a bios update that add support for ryzen 4000 cpu's and removes first and second gen compatibility if space is an issue, I bought an x470 thinking I could get a cpu upgrade this year but if I have to buy a new motherboard there is no point I already have a 3800x I might as well wait it out there is no point buying a new motherboard for 1 generation

Many of my friends in the same situation. I will have soon X570 instead of my X370. But the reason to change was that I don't like MSI. I am very disappointed. Of course that we have only 1-2 generation of processors for one socket nowadays this is the problem, but biggest problem in this situation that this support\unsupport wasn't announced in advance.  

Ryzen R9 5900X, Radeon RX6800XT, ASUS Strix X570-E
0 Likes