cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Rigs/Laptop Setups

I’ve decided not to get a rig although I love building them and fixing them but as I don’t use them for gaming but mostly with learning programming among other things but whatever we all have our own uses for rigs and while people like me who don’t want to have one.That’s fine! what ever floats your boat I guess,also people might say “rigs are better than laptops” they’re right but depends on our needs.laptops are great and rigs are amazing too but I prefer to fix and build them and not to own one but tell us what do you think about them and your experiences 

👍

RealComputerEnthusiast
1 Reply
ssuamier
Adept I

I completely agree. While "on the road" with my notebook I want to be able to play my favorite games as well. Luckily most games nowadays work just fine on the later Vega-based APUs. Next year we will be able to play even more demanding games with IGP graphics. Faster graphic cards need a lot of power and do often not fit into smaller desktop PCs. The main advantage is that you can plugin multible displays and the display quality is better than notebook displays. Finding a notebook with a good display is really a challenge. Even with good displays a lot of features from standalone displays are missing so that some basic graphic quality will be missing if you do not spend a lot of money on your notebook (often more than a decent gaming rig).

0 Likes