Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Resident Evil™ 4 | Game Code Giveaway

capsule_616x353.jpg

🕴️ CALLING ALL HORROR FANS 🕴️

For those of you who played back in 2005, this is your opportunity to revisit a classic in the Resident Evil series and jump into a familiar world with enhanced gameplay and visuals. 

If you haven't played any of the series yet, know that survival is just the beginning.

Six years have passed since the biological disaster in Raccoon City.
Agent Leon S. Kennedy, one of the survivors of the incident, has been sent to rescue the president's kidnapped daughter.
He tracks her to a secluded European village, where there is something terribly wrong with the locals.
And the curtain rises on this story of daring rescue and grueling horror where life and death, terror and catharsis intersect.

Featuring modernized gameplay, a reimagined storyline, and vividly detailed graphics,
Resident Evil 4 marks the rebirth of an industry juggernaut.

Relive the nightmare that revolutionized survival horror.

For those of you who want to relive this horror nightmare, we're randomly selecting 8 winners from the comment section of this post to receive a Resident Evil 4 Steam code. This post will be closed for entries at 12pm CST on Thursday, June 15th and will announce winners by end of day. Check out the rules below! 

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.), United Kingdom, or Canada, users of the Steam application, and 18 years or older. Sweepstakes ends 6/15/2023. To enter and for Official Rules and Terms, including prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit https://community.amd.com/t5/sweeps-and-contest-rules/amd-red-team-resident-evil-4-game-code-giveawa.... Void where prohibited.

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
1 Solution
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

Congratulations to our lucky winners 💥

@Dragokar @maribves @binarydepth @Oellness @Loxion @DrDikimbe @Snooz @Ilyesagg 

Enjoy your new game over the weekend if you haven't had a chance to play yet! 🙂 

Check your email associated with your account for an email from community.moderator@amd.com or a PM from myself if you have them turned on. 

Cheers! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

View solution in original post

50 Replies
yakyak
Adept II

Good luck!

nilamop
Adept I

Resident Evil give me some evil 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

I already purchased this game, its great on AMD. i've a ryzen 5700G and 5700xt and super recommend this game title in particular all max settings though only 1.5x render resolution and 1080p 120hz  (i crank the render res and use double imagequality and other things like better textures to compensate and it runs at about 60fps and since it was what 30fps console game its still decent in sRGB full 444 10bit displaypanel output in adrenaline. 

bit like previous.rar ~ pixeldrain

My config file linked you right click save as i believe is a rar file dont download any EXE files.. use maybe free trial of winrar to open it. if you wanna edit the INI file you need a code editor/writer or something like free trial of EMeditor64 on windows app store. This config file and its settings are for entirely AMD systems i super recommend samsung or LG panels (LG use samsung panels that are older configured differently when theyre cheaper and more readily available and have been uhh more tweaked to maximize potential as future samsung driver updates and other things squeeze out more LG can try and beat them to it or better it to match newer released stuff with decades older AMD and samsung parts better than any iphone or intel nvidia stuff in a cheap $200 lg phone or laptop or TV). I suggest you try copy 1-4 or 12 like i do of the .ini initialize files used by every operatingsystem/bios/bootloader/resolutionsettings and for specifying drivers and settings manually before apps launch or for custom settings. You can see the RE4 game in this giveaway when configuring in the game menu options creates a local config.ini and a sort of backup config.ini in its game directory.. in steam its found under steamapps/common/re4 directory. If you edit that file you can get better performance a bit by if you game in 1080p minimum deleting the other lower resolution listings if you dont need them from the local config file. and where capability is specifying vulkan2000 or vulkan 9999 or where directx12 is consider typing directx12.5ultimate. and where it says shadows cache it may be using the GPU specify CPU.. the game will stupidly change things back so you may need to save the changes and specify it a read only file in the properties. Sadly you cant just replace the whole thing with a copy of my config file it uses specific colorspaces and checks for specific words in the .ini file about the app and app settings it seems.

You could change the HDR mode or fullscreenmode or set exclusivefullscreen or other things to try typing in. Experiment as you go. Its really a great game thats graphically almost disturbingly realistic.. which is fitting as its based on newspaper horror stories from real life about swamp town or towns that had a specific brain parasite that might make people a bit loopy stabby stabby but it seems the parasite had reasons as it maybe hurt them more than us. Interestingly a type of other loach or fish type uhh seacucumber tentacle eel sucker looking thing that eats this parasite is basically all the people with this brain parasite wanna eat.. its seen in resident evil 7 at the dining table scene the strange stuff plated up. The umbrella corp found and isolated and researched healing properties of parasites how they can split and then just have 2 parasites instead of dying and tried to cure girl who cant walks legs her dad was happy and people then stuck it in every1 everywhere to further test it.. which then caused mutations till a viral strain became the T virus i think if i remember the lore correctly in RE series. Other titles based on real life towns that are now abandoned are the vampire game called redfall. This old woman looked younger like her 70s or whatever looked late 30s or 40s and said her blood is  special she maybe tried to euthanize herself and took poisons which reacted strangely causing her to hurt so she maybe wanted people to take her blood out. Which they saw where it touched made their skin young the idiots put it into themselves and later learned of its poison and blamed it all on the woman they locked up to steal her blood. Later the town of impossibly stupid criminal retards who steal old womens blood and shove it up themselves was closed down.. there was a video game about redfall which was maybe 'too soon' and kept from release till.. maybe just recently.. Its not part of this promotion or the resident evil franchise.. but being a similar real life horror game it might be something youre interested in but is famously not the best of games and not as fun as resident evil but it is available to play on gamepass if you just wanna try it.

stan
Elite

Good Luck for all!

DrDikimbe
Adept II

Im a big ol weenie when it comes to spooky games so LETS GOOOOOOO.

CimaDrewski
Adept II

Nioce! 

jdm
Adept III

Ooooh, this looks like fun!

wcse
Adept II

Would love to play this one.  Thanks for the giveaway.

fozan1072
Adept I

Good luck everyone

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

looks like i just made the cutoff. great game!

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

Congratulations to our lucky winners 💥

@Dragokar @maribves @binarydepth @Oellness @Loxion @DrDikimbe @Snooz @Ilyesagg 

Enjoy your new game over the weekend if you haven't had a chance to play yet! 🙂 

Check your email associated with your account for an email from community.moderator@amd.com or a PM from myself if you have them turned on. 

Cheers! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD