cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Remnant: From The Ashes

This game has me hooked. I love the progression, with upgrades and the trait system. The combat is very souls like while still doing something unique with strong gunplay.

I had not thought to try it considering it is considered a souls like, and I am admittedly bad at games. This is not nearly as punishing as Dark Souls games. I can have a good time and not worry about losing souls that could be used to progress.

There are so many weapons to craft and bosses to beat that I have moved away from trying to rush to the end of the story, which is how I approach most games, and I actually want to experience as much as the game has to offer. 

I have barely made it to the second area but there is already so much to do. You also have the bosses that only have a chance to spawn and not all of them are available to fight in one play through. This means each time you play the game it can be slightly different facing off against Singe instead of the big treeman, for example.

I am excited to keep playing until the sequel comes out scheduled some time this year.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
1 Reply
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Good one! I just looked at the trailers and a few gameplay videos. I also noted the rating on Steam (Very Positive). I'm going to keep it in mind as soon as I'm done with Metro Exodus

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT