cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

mrcoldhollow
Adept III

Onboarding Quest?

Anyone know why the Onboarding quest isn't fixed or changed? I really want to complete that quest anyone got an connections with the mods or admins?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Well, according to ray_m, "There are no 'open' documents on the forum. We only have discussions and questions. Documents are only being used to post Driver Release Notes and FAQ's and they are all locked down, preventing commenting, therefore the 'helpful' option is not available."

So documents cannot be marked as helpful, and marking a document as helpful is part of the "onboarding" questline.  Ergo, the onboarding quest line cannot be completed.  The solution then, is either to drop the quest line system so the issue doesn't continually come up, allow documents to be marked as helpful, or remove that criteria from the onboarding quest.  So far, none of those has happened.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
darkwolfca
Miniboss

not sure if alot of thequest work myself but i can ask erin.maiorino​ or one of the others and see what they know when she gets back.

That would be cool. It appears to be the first quest and I wonder if more are unlocked after.

0 Likes

If I am the only one who can access the quest, does that mean I win?

Let me get with our forum devs and see what is going on!

ty erin  lol and I guess so

Thank you! Also James Prior sent me your way to chat about the AMD Stream Team, said he was going pass along my name to you. Perhaps we could chat?

0 Likes

Your initial post is what led me down this path to find a solution. Hope it can be cleared up, I am one of those people who like to complete achievments fully.

0 Likes

Well, according to ray_m, "There are no 'open' documents on the forum. We only have discussions and questions. Documents are only being used to post Driver Release Notes and FAQ's and they are all locked down, preventing commenting, therefore the 'helpful' option is not available."

So documents cannot be marked as helpful, and marking a document as helpful is part of the "onboarding" questline.  Ergo, the onboarding quest line cannot be completed.  The solution then, is either to drop the quest line system so the issue doesn't continually come up, allow documents to be marked as helpful, or remove that criteria from the onboarding quest.  So far, none of those has happened.

I like the idea of the quests. Keeps people active and involved in the community. Kinda like a game. I hope the one can be removed and I wonder if there are other quests beyond it at this point.

0 Likes

I didn't make any restrictions to this document: Onboarding Quest Document 

Are you able to access and mark as helpful?

I also like to double check, but I am not seeing any options.

Capture.PNG

0 Likes

You're right, I think its because only mods have the option to create a doc. 😕

Bummer. I greatly appreciate you looking into this. We achievement hunters will forever be in your debt! I also have sent a message regarding a question I had earlier

0 Likes

And now the quest has been completely removed from my profile. No available or completed ones.

0 Likes

That was likely always the intention.  It felt like the quest system was a hold over from an earlier version of the forum and was no longer being maintained. 

0 Likes