cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Chimples
Adept I

Novice III

Wondering if there is certain criteria to "level up" from Newcomer to Novice III etc.

2 Solutions
Key-J
Paragon

I'm not sure of the levels, and how you progress through them specifically - but from my own experience I can assure you that participating in conversations, giving likes where possible and starting topics will generally get you out of Newcomer in an appropriate amount of time.

Besides, you might come for the giveaway - but you will probably find a fun community worth staying in!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

View solution in original post

Hi, all!

Thank you for the feedback regarding ranks. As @Sam_AMD mentioned, we’re here to listen and make improvements, so your input is greatly appreciated. I’m working to create some documentation to help provide more insight into the ranking system. For now, here is some basic information:

• There are a total of 20 ranks.

1 Newcomer
    2 Novice I
    3 Novice II
    4 Novice III
    5 Journeyman I
    6 Journeyman II
    7 Journeyman III
    8 Adept I
    9 Adept II
    10 Adept III
    11 Elite
    12 Challenger
    13 Miniboss
    14 Forerunner
    15 Paragon
    16 Exemplar
    17 Grandmaster
    18 Big Boss
    19 MVP
    20 VIP

• Moving up the ranks is based on your activities, for instance starting a new discussion, “Liking”, “Accepting a Solution”, “Replying”, “Tagging” and how long you’ve been a member of the community.
  • For example, to move from “Newcomer” to “Novice I”, you need to “Like” and “Tag” once, and your account must be at least 24-hours old.

Please hang tight, as mentioned, I’ll work on some documentation and will share it with you all in the Help section when it's ready. 🙂 
---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

View solution in original post

53 Replies

Thank you so much !! This was exactly what I was looking for!!🙂

0 Likes

Have you posted what the requirements for each level are?

0 Likes

So.... any update on this documentation? I definitely love a good ranking system and this does provide a roadmap of how to progress, but not sure if I can find anything in the help section relating to the ranking system.

0 Likes

Después de dos años y todavía dándote una idea de cuáles son los rangos, gracias por la información

0 Likes

Love AMD and all its products.  Been a fan since the 5x86-133.  Can't wait to get a Threadripper system one day

Thank you for the kind words @Forcexxibigbad 😊

Welcome to the Red Team Community! 

Let me, @Ashley_AMD , @blazek and anyone here know if you have any questions! And be sure to check out our newest category (a.k.a. sub-forum), the "Off Topic discussions".

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

nice twitch name 😂

TimRed
Adept I

I am thinking they don't want people spamming comments just to advance.

Chotch
Adept II

I couldn't find the different levels anywhere on their site.

This is just like AMD, make some hardware everyone wants and then fall down on the easy part.  I don't see any description of the ranks.

But, to answer the question, I'm guessing you get to Novice III by the time you set up your profile and make your first post.  I think they intended it to be a low bar for entry, but didn't bother to explain.  Maybe someone will figure it out and post here.  Good idea starting this thread about it, though.

It is a bit more than first post, it seems to go Newcomer --> Journeyman III.     Had a similar issue with the DxO forums to be able to send a PM to someone (have to be a certain level)

I am trying to get there as well. If anyone knows exactly what to do, please share.

LosAngele
Journeyman III

There is a possibility they don't wish to have comments flooded with spam just for advancement .

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

It'll take a while to level up as well. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Arctic Liquid Freezer ii - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 5TB of Crucial P5 Gen. 4 NVMe - NR200P Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes