Mountain Everest Max Review

Mountain Everest Max Review 

Coming From An Unqualified Logitech User

20240827_080442.jpg

20240827_080402.jpg

20240827_080346 1.jpg

Quality

• Feels good to both type and game on.
  • Has a nice sturdy build quality that makes me think this thing will last.

Sound

• This being my first premium keyboard, it is a major step up from what I am used to.

Responsiveness

• Faster than my Logitech keyboards by far.
  • Typing feels fast with the Cherry MX Speed Silvers that came with my keyboard.
  • Games feel like they respond instantly, but I don’t have the equipment to measure latency.

Display Dial Module

• Turns feel nice and tactile.
  • You can customize the display with images.
  • Menu is easy to use while offering a ton of functionality.
  • You can cycle profiles, adjust audio, adjust RGB and dial display brightness.
  • You can cycle lighting options.
  • You can see PC info like resource utilization.
  • You can also see Actions Per Minute.
  • The media buttons work as expected with pause, skip, and mute buttons.

Number Pad Module

• The number pad works as expected with the addition of 4 extra buttons at the top.
  • You can map the 4 extra buttons to launch programs, use them as hotkeys, and do nearly anything you would need from an extra button. 
  • The extra buttons are also very small displays that can be customized with images.
  • The only con about the number pad is the custom keys have very little travel. It feels like I am breaking them when I press them.

Modules

• The display dial, and number pad attach as modules which can be detached if you don’t want to use them. 
  • The modules slot in tightly and feel solid, although the number pad is heavy so when moving the keyboard I detach it to avoid possible damage to the connectors.
  • The number pad can be placed in the traditional place, right side, or left side.
  • The display dial can also be slotted at the top left or right side of the keyboard.

Long Sessions

• I feel no drawbacks while using this keyboard for hours on end.
  • The wrist rest does its job, but I elected to use my wooden one in the end.

Use Case

• This has been the only keyboard I use on my gaming PC for several weeks and it does the job, while feeling very good for gaming and typing alike.

Cleaning

• Cleaning is a breeze. I just remove the keycaps and clean with isopropyl alcohol and shop towels, making sure to not use too much alcohol. You want the shop towel damp, not drenched.

RGB

• The LEDs are north facing.
  • There are many presets you can choose from as well as custom lighting you can use.
  • Razer Chroma Connect support. I just use Base Camp instead. Base Camp has better options in my opinion.

Software 

• The Base Camp software is easy to navigate and use just like any other keyboard software.
  • It doesn’t need to be running for the features to work properly. You can set it up and forget about it. This is unlike many larger companies which require their respective applications to run to utilize all the functions of the peripherals.

Screenshot 2024-10-04 034219.png

Screenshot 2024-10-04 034230.png

Screenshot 2024-10-04 034252.png

Screenshot 2024-10-04 034302.png

Screenshot 2024-10-04 034316.png

Screenshot 2024-10-04 034329.png

Screenshot 2024-10-04 034537.png

Screenshot 2024-10-04 034547.png

I can recommend this keyboard for anyone looking for a nice keyboard that feels solid to use for basically any desktop task as well as gaming. 

• Disclaimer: I have only used the Logitech G413, the Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, and the Logitech G Pro TKL. Keyboard will not make you better at games. I'm still bad at every game.

        

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
4 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I think these are excellent keyboards.  I've been thinking about ordering another one, as they are on sale at Newegg right now.

MOUNTAIN Everest Max Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Modular - Integrated Display Keys - Hot-Swappable Switches - OBS Controls Integration - Linear and Quiet - RGB Backlit - Midnight BlackMOUNTAIN Everest Max Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Modular - Integrated Display Keys - Hot-Swappable Switches - OBS Controls Integration - Linear and Quiet - RGB Backlit - Midnight Black

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Amazon had a few for 99USD. I thought about buying a second as a gift for one of the guys I game with.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
broderwill_
Adept I

Those are amazing!!!  

They absolutely are. I love mine.

0 Likes