cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

KateHanami
Adept I

limit the minimum FPS can game can have?

say, I'm playing a fighting game or a competitive shooter, or more likely a VR game

I don't have a particularly strong PC, it's enough to play the game IF Windows is not running an update or defender, which should be well known at this point that "Gamer Mode" will prioritize instead of disable it (I've been affected by it, Defender tries to scan my games when I launch it and hog the CPU)

and Razer game booster seems to HOG the CPU resources it frees instead of making it available for the game

I want some kind of tool along like lines AMD Chill or Radeon Boost that would lower any settings it needs to so the game will not dip bellow the target FPS

personally, I already lower most settings in my games, graphical quality is not a big deal for my since I've grew up on the PS1 era

so, if I'm playing a VR game such as Blade and Sorcery, which is not greatly optimized, and it uses an AMD incompatible version of Unity, my Headset will constantly freeze when fighting

so, even if my display goes from 2K all the way down to 180p or even lower, force disable all shadows and lighting on hardware level, can I make it so it never dips lower than my target FPS?

2 Replies
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hello @KateHanami 

What is your GPU? That said, we have a technology called AMD Frame Rate Target Control, I believe it could help. It's available on the AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series GPUs.

By the way, have you installed our latest driver and the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition? The software includes numerous performance tools (Radeon Anti-lag, Radeon Boost, Radeon Super Resolution, etc.) you can use to boost and/or customize your gaming experience. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

I have a AMD RX 460 4GB edition (not the 2GB edition) so most likely not compatible with that

and  I have AMD Adrenaline Software version 22.5.x (don't remember the exact number right now) and I did tried to use AMD Chill to limit the idle frame rate to 56FPS and that didn't really worked, and super resolution gives me trouble with SSAA

0 Likes