cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

I love AMD

Let’s talk about the history of your AMD Experience.

Mine starts with the Atari2600, then vic20, then c64, then XT5150, then 386's, 486's, and then AMD appears, Still got my first AMD Processor, and it works. I got XP running on it. I think its funny, how it shreds with XP. 

B1109FB7-EF62-499E-9E38-3E12D455AD2D.jpeg

Now I got a MSI GAMING PLUS b350 motherboard, a XFX Vega 64, and a AMD Ryzen 1500x. 

I will admit that my ryzen1500x is almost bottle necked, but almost is perfect. It runs under absolute load at 80-83% MAX.

That 16 gigs of untouched, and never overclocked RAM. 

By the way for you out there who over clock your RAM, please stop, its silly I tell ya. Why risk what seems to be the most expensive part of my machine? Have you seen RAM prices? 

Well anyway now I am all disabled and have no income, so lets see how long this set up lasts. 

(I know I will never make money on a YouTube show. So yeah I have no income.) 

Sorry in advance for calling out folks with non AMD Stuff in their systems. But from an Engineering perspective and an over-educated mind I do know my technology. 

Wait til you see what AMD is doing now.

All the competition is about to be cast aside. All the fake news about how these Intel processors shred AMD's. Its all fake news I tell ya. 

#truthInAdvertising

9 Replies
cyberstorm64dd
Challenger

I love it too!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Cyberstorm64 of UNYU
Tessellation Enjoyer.
benman2785
Big Boss

our first homecomputer was AMD AM386-DX40, i had ATi Rage 128 later
my first self bought pc was a 939 AMD Athlon64 3500+ with ATi Radeon 9600 Pro
had many other AMD Hardware Rigs built

currently i rock Ryzen 5 2600X + RX580 4GB (+ 16GB DDR4-3466CL14)
my Laptop is Ryzen 5 2500U + RX560X 4GB (+ 16GB DDR4-2400CL16)

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
cookidd1
Journeyman III

Aw dude I'm pretty sure my first computer had an AMD CPU but right now I have a Ryzen 2700x and a 1080 ti

Whats that 1080ti silliness your talking?? But hey I bet your system crashes all the time. 

thezigpc
Adept I

Many many years ago, I built a custom computer on a shoestring budget with an AMD Duron CPU and one of those fancy Nforce2 motherboards (Dolby Digital Live Wow!). Later, I upgraded to an AMD Athlon 2500+ when I could afford it. I loved how long the Socket A lasted.

Currently my (Server) runs an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T with 32GB of ram.  This thing pretty much runts 24-7 serving as a game host and media server.  I would love to upgrade it to a Ryzen-based build one day.

0 Likes

First of all I want to say AMD is amazing. 

I want to tell you all that I do not put non AMD products in my machine, especially video cards. When I worked for Dell I came across more issues with Nvidia than you could possibly imagine. Straight crashes, bad memory dumps, and many more problems. All the systems we had with Radeon cards never ever had one issue. So in my personal system I have a XFX Vega64 that has been going full steam since its release. Yes I was an early adopter and got my card in the first week of its launch, or somewhere around then. I can look it up, but it was right around there. 

Anyway, I am planning on doing a YouTube show called simply Computer Tech. My plan is to prove my point by testing AMD Processors and Video cards to their max. I have sent my letters to the staff of AMD, and have been waiting for a reply. I hope they do reply. How does a nobody like me get in touch with AMD about my offer to do an AMD show? We will see, and I will keep you updated as it progresses. 

#AMD

#RadeonVega

#Vega64

pwlm1975
Adept II

First PC I built had a Thunderbird in it, and a Soltek motherboard (does anyone remember them?) Currently have 2 intel machines (yeah, I know I know) but both have AMD GPUs (1 x Sapphire RX 570 Nitro+ paired with a 6600K, one Gigabyte HD 7870 Windforce 1100MHz core paired with an i3 2120 for 1080p gaming) and I will continue to purchase AMD GPUs, and next build (probably this year) will contain an AMD Ryzen 3xxx series CPU.  I've always liked AMD's competitiveness in the GPU market, but between the Phenom and Ryzen ranges, it was hard to love their CPU range.

They're back with a vengeance and LOVING IT!

0 Likes

Ok I get it, but your following false news. I always believed from an

engineering point of view that AMD processors are always superior. It comes

from MASS DATA that I got my nerdy fingers on at DELL. But then Intel made

DELL sign an exclusive contract that only allowed INTEL processors. The

failure rates were off the charts.

Let me ask you this, do you know of any AMD processor FAILING out of the

gate.

Famous story, when I was on the phones for DELL and I was in the Government

Department (only handling USA Military, Government, and things like that),

I got a call from a NASA executive that ordered 16 DELL laptops, that were

Pro Level machines. ALL OF THEM FAILED... you know why? DELL WAS SHIPPED AN

ENTIRE BATCH OF INTEL PROCESSORS that failed.

This type of problem never once happened with AMD processors. EVER. Yes

Intel might be a little faster, but never more reliable. Intel Processors

had a tendency to over heat and DIE. AMD processors are programmed on the

DIE to shut down at a certain temp to SAVE themselves.

You can not beat AMD for reliability.

Now motherboard manufactures do not follow the same code of ethics. Once

again thanks to INTEL politics.

Facts are facts.

AMD makes a superior more reliable product 100% of the time.

But go ahead and get your more frames a second for your video games with

your INTEL GARBAGE but when they die, spend twice or more for the same

level of product at AMD.

I am not a AMD fan because I love AMD because I love AMD, its because of

actual USE CASES, that I participated in at DELL LABS.

0 Likes

I can attest to this, out of my 15+ years of AMD Processors, only 2 have failed, also RMA is the most easy process because they have a confident, supportive team, that knows what they are doing. Try calling Asus and doing an RMA with them. Holy mother of god.  Love AMD. 

0 Likes