cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

AgCN3
Adept III

How do we add Starfield to the list of games in Adrenaline Software?

So, Adrenaline Software has found all of the games on my PC, including Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsports which are from Microsoft's Game Pass, but even after doing a search for new games, Starfield doesn't show up.

Is there a way to add it so I can see what kind of performance I'm getting out of it?

Thanks!

Ryzen 9 5950X|Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6950XT|128GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4-3600 (4x32)|ASUS Crosshair Dark Hero VIII|Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB|Corsair iCUE H150i AIO|Samsung G55A 32" Monitor|Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
6 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

You could look for the games executable file, using task manager while the game is running, go in the install location and add it to Adrenalin. I'm just throwing that out there. I'm not sure if it would work. Just an idea. Good luck.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

So I went thru the process of "taking ownership" of all the files in the "WindowsApps" folder, and made the "Starfield.exe" file discoverable, but Adrenalin Software still will not accept it.

Not sure what else to do at this point.

Ryzen 9 5950X|Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6950XT|128GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4-3600 (4x32)|ASUS Crosshair Dark Hero VIII|Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB|Corsair iCUE H150i AIO|Samsung G55A 32" Monitor|Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

In adrenalin software where you get your game list, there is an option to add the game manually. Like 3 dots vertical icon.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G

You can not add it manually either, when you try to it gives you a message that you do not have permissions to open this file please contact your admin.

0 Likes
AgCN3
Adept III

Yes.  This is true...   However, if you're playing it on through Microsoft's Store, the game is hidden in an unaccessable folder.  I am aware of a workaround that lets one "take ownership" of all the games that one has downloaded from the Microsoft Store, and thus makes the "videogametitle.exe" file discoverable.

I was asking if there's any other way to make the Adrenalin Software find it, as it did with the other games I have from the Microsoft Store (Mechwarrior 5, Forza Horizon, Forza Motorsports, etc.).

0 Likes
PythonCoderPro
Challenger

Here's another post saying the same thing: Can not add Starfield to Adrenaline software - AMD Community

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home