cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Fay__
Journeyman III

helldivers 2 crashes

I have been playing hell divers 2 a small while it ran completely perfect for about a week no stutters or crashes but after a while i started to get constant black screens and game crashes. I think this started to happen after helldivers got  a patch but ever since then I haven't been able to play at all its ether a crash right at the start of a mission or towards the end within the last couple of seconds on extraction. I have seen that there has been problems with the 7000 series with this but I've a older RX6600 and I get the same problems just utterly confused on what could be causing these problems with only amd cards.       

GPU: RX6600

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

RAM: 32g 3200hz

13 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

Some bugs are to be expected with a newly-released game, but this particular title seems to have more than usual reported. Might want to wait for a couple of patch releases and an updated AMD driver or two.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Horaiji
Journeyman III

I have the same issue keeps crashing randomly 

0 Likes
lowteck
Miniboss

Just downloaded Helldivers. Will play tonight.

Have the latest drivers.

Will let you know if I have any issues.

Ryzen R5 7600 | Radeon RX 7800XT

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...
0 Likes

No issues throughout the training modules.

Will update after some Fine Mexican Dining (sons B-day)

0 Likes

Black screen followed by game crash when attempting to land on planet.

Reported to Game devs and AMD.

Updated adrenaline to 24.2.1

Successfully played 1st mission.

Will continue to update as I progress.

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

I bought the game to see how it would run on my setup and because it looks like, and is , a fun game

7800X3D w/7900XT playing at 1440p with all eye candy on/max settings

I'd get crashes shortly after landing on planet for first mission .. mostly within a few minutes but lasted one time for a whole 30'ish minutes before crashing 

Searching around the internet one person said to disable Ambient Occlusion and SS Global Illumination and see if game still crashes

I just disabled SS Global Illumination and Game hasn't crashed since .. made it thru the first mission .. and then failed the second mission (playing solo only) .. failed but didn't crash, lol.

link to reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1alzyfp/game_is_totally_unplayable_with_7800x3d_and_a/

Make sure your motherboard's BIOS is up to date

Make sure you have the latest AM4/5 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com website

ThreeDee PC specs
Bikson1440p
Journeyman III

FOR RX 7900 XTX USERS (but worth trying for different rigs experiencing the issue)

After trying many things, here is what solved the crashing issue for me. It seems like it's a DX12 problem, simply set the game to DX11, and to do that, follow these steps:

1. Delete the DX12 installed on your PC : Open you "Run" command in your search bar > type %appdata% > Arrowhead > Helldivers2 > shader cache : delete everything inside of the folder > close tab.

2. Go to Steam > right click on Helldivers2 > properties > In the launch option copy paste "--use-d3d11" (Copy only what is in between the brackets)

3. Launch the game : Go to graphics option > Just make sure that "Screen space illumination" is turn OFF and that "Reflection quality" is set at Medium or lower.

I play in 1440p, native resolution, all UTRA settings (except for the options mentionned above) and my game have been working perfectly fine. Let me know if that works for you, Helldivers.
And see you on the battlefield.

My specs : RX 7900 XTX, Ryzen 7 7700X, 32GB RAM

0 Likes

Hey brother.
Sorry for the late answer.
No I don't overclock/undervolt.
The new drivers supposingly solved the issue but I tried to put all of my settings to max and the game still crashes.
That being said, AMD are aware of an issue causing the game to crash while using 2 screens and an RX 7900XTX (which is my case) so it's probably the reason why I'm still experiencing it in those conditions.
I set my settings back to the ones I gave in my previous post and everything works fine again.
Wait and see I guess.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Try the new drivers. It listed a fix involving Helldiver 2.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Mr_Primitive
Journeyman III

Game runs fine but usually in the middle of the game about 30 mins in the mission the game crashes.

Specs:ryzen 9 7950x3d and a nividia 4080 32 gb of ddr5 

0 Likes

It would probably be best to look in the Nvidia forum. That said the first thing I do when I experience crashes, is use DDU to remove old drivers. The software will let you choose between Nvidia and AMD drivers to remove. After this I move on to the reinstall process using the latest driver available for my GPU. If the game continues to crash, I move on to verifying files. If the issue persists reinstalling the game is the next step.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes