Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Key-J
Paragon

Happy #NationalVideoGameDay!

maxresdefault

Today is a very important day, it is #NationalVideoGameDay!

In celebration of this, I would love to know what your "Game to Play" on this date would be. Across any platform, new or old - what is that one game that you would spend the day playing if you could?

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
1 Solution
Key-J
Paragon

So.. I'm going to res this thread as apparently there are two #NationalVideoGamesDays?

Well, it doesn't matter as we always should have more days to celebrate playing games!

So I ask the question again!

"In celebration of this, I would love to know what your "Game to Play" on this date would be. Across any platform, new or old - what is that one game that you would spend the day playing if you could?"

For me, today I would spend the day playing BF2042  - Only because I just played it over the weekend again for the first time in a long time, and since Season 2 dropped they have made enough improvements that have really brought me back to enjoying the game!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
jamesc359
Forerunner

Happy National Video Games Day to you too!

Today there's two games that I would love to spend all day playing if I could.

The first is The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I never managed to finish it. I had almost finished the game when my Wii had a major malfunction and it took me a year or so to replace it, by then I had moved on to other games and never went back.

The second game is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge. I have fond memories of playing Turtles in Time and Shredder's Revenge seems to be the closest I'll get to reliving that experience with a new game.

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Happy National Video Game Day Y'all!

I am sad to report that my game would definitely be League of Legends. I'm just trying to get good, ya know? 

giphy.gif

- a live look of me at my computer tonight - 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

@Amber_AMD wrote:

Happy National Video Game Day Y'all!

I am sad to report that my game would definitely be League of Legends....

Don't be sad! There is no shame in playing the games you love. Even if they are questionable games

For me, it would have been CoD MW 2 as it was in 2010 or WoW Lich King as it was in 2009. Those games just gave me unlimited playability, I could turn either one of those on and play and play and not get tired or bored. Looking back, maybe it is some rose-tinted glasses, but I remember them as such great games. 

----------

@Key-J that makes sense!! I don't think it's rose-colored glasses at all. My partner used to play WoW for HOURS because of the bossing you can do. It's just such a time commitment to build up for those moments so he doesn't anymore. That being said, I definitely support that it was playable for hours on end haha. 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

Exactly @Amber_AMD , right now I don't think I could return to WoW, even classic because of the absolute time commitment it takes. Yes, I know that things have gotten easier for players apparently. However, my time is so limited with family and stuff I feel like I wouldn't get out of WoW what I once did - because I can't put the time into it 😞

Also, I would love to play League again one day.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8

I miss you ❤️ 

----------
Key-J
Paragon

So.. I'm going to res this thread as apparently there are two #NationalVideoGamesDays?

Well, it doesn't matter as we always should have more days to celebrate playing games!

So I ask the question again!

"In celebration of this, I would love to know what your "Game to Play" on this date would be. Across any platform, new or old - what is that one game that you would spend the day playing if you could?"

For me, today I would spend the day playing BF2042  - Only because I just played it over the weekend again for the first time in a long time, and since Season 2 dropped they have made enough improvements that have really brought me back to enjoying the game!

----------
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

I have fond memories of COD MW 2 back in the day. Fragging noobs with my buddies... good times. It would either be that game or World of Warcraft WOTLK or Mists of Pandaria. (Best expansions IMO -- or at least, the ones with the most memories.)

I absolutely LOVED the original MW2. Just like you, I have some of the most incredible fond memories. I loved the ACR and nothing was better than the Magnum with a Tactical Knife. I think it was the last good COD before, as @GreatnessRD said, COD started to become all kinds of goofy.

KeyJ_2-1643393894072.png

I know those aren't huge numbers, but I'm proud of my 527.7 hours.

It is only because of how amazing MW2 was, that I am tempted in buying the remake/remaster that is coming out. If you @Wally_AMD or GreatnessRD are looking for a potential team mate on PC, hit me up!

----------

Oh yeah, we can definitely link up. I'm with all the smoke!

Steam name: GreatnessRD

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater will always be my game to play on any day. I love the MGS series in general. My favorite game series of all-time.

@Wally_AMD I despise MW2. I think that game is the start of all the over the top goofiness that we see in first person shooters today. COD4 is my favorite FPS and if I could have framed my face on a picture after playing MW2, it would be priceless, lol. 

Do you plan to pick-up MW2 Remake that comes out end of October? My cousin just con'd me into buying it through begging, lol.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

I can't say I disagree with you, haha. I hated all the CODs that came after MW2 (especially once they started the Black Ops series). But there are just too many funny memories with "run n' gun" builds or those dumb perks (shout out martyrdom).

Edit: My buddy has actually started swaying me on the remake... so we'll see what happens! 😂

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Gaming 4 evah! 😂

I'll play as long as I can to keep my sanity intact and...

Now at 40 years old, if there's is something to be retained is:
I learned a lot from games, technology, to philosophy, to strategy, fast decision making and the best part although it may be plain stupid to say out loud, I do apply some of what I've learned on real life, it actually works!

But hey! Don't do DOOM stuff on real life 🤣 Even if some people may look like demons.

Having said all that:
My "Game to Play" of all time... its hard..  😑 I'm divided between these:

System Shock2
Doom SAGA
NieR AUTOMATA

...maybe Deus Ex saga too

The Englishman