cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

lennonlutke
Journeyman III

Games crash on launch

Shortly after I start any game ,apart from Minecraft, the game crashes. I updated my BIOS, I updated my drivers, I deleted my drivers, I have removed the card from my pc and installed it back again. None of them fixed the issue. I have no clue anymore what to do so I was wondering if anyone knows what my problem is and how it can be fixed.

My specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core
PRIME B450M-A
Radeon RX 580 Series

The video below is an example of what happens when I launch a game (F1 23). 

3 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Strange issue, does it happen in every game besides Minecraft or just F1 23?

Try to uninstall your driver using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) keep in mind this is a 3rd party tool and not an official AMD tool. You have to boot your PC into safe mode to use it.

After using DDU to uninstall graphics driver, download & install the latest Radeon graphics driver and choose 'Clean Install' when it prompts you on the screen & follow the steps.

Try to see if that fixes it, if not then you could try other solutions like reseating your ram sticks, making sure your GPU/CPU are not overheating (check temperature) 

Try to run a graphical benchmark program and see if that crashes as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is an old GPU.

Are your thermals through the roof?

Might need a cleaning and a re-paste.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would test your RAM sticks.  Use one of the utilities that are out there and if they come out with no errors, focus more on the video driver concerns.

Do you have any issues with crashes doing other things?  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes