Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

samuel_tollon
Journeyman III

Game crashes on full AMD build

Hello all,
Since a few weeks I am experiencing some issues in my PC: in short, Ubisoft games started to crash without a reason and generally that happens after more or less 10min of gaming. From a few days I am experiencing the same issue in Epic Games and Steam games.

I contacted Ubisoft support a couple of weeks ago thinking that was a problem related with their games but now the same thing happens with all the other games, and all the times that a game crashes, it opens the HDD disk in the file explorer of Windows.

I would like to point out that I formatted the PC a few weeks ago and even with that the problem still persists.

I also updated the video drivers just before making this post.

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Can someone help me?

SPECS:
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
- RAM 16GB DDR4
- Radeon RX 5500XT
- SSD 256GB / HDD 1TB

1 Reply
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

It could be an overheating issue with either the CPU or with the video card, so it would be wise to check the temperatures of these using your Adrenalin video driver status as you are running a game.  This is an old build, not a new one, correct?  Cleaning out fan filters might help with airflow.  

It's interesting that File Explorer opens up on your HDD when a game crashes.  That could indicate a problem with your HDD, such as bad sectors and such.  Use the HDD scanning tools in Windows to scan and fix errors if they are found (right click the HDD in File Explorer and you'll see them in the menu).  Since a 1 TB SSD can be bought quite cheaply right now, you might consider that as a good investment to speed up your gaming considerably. 

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".