Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Game Awards 2022 Recap

6s7EJC24K7ztwkh94ADwBF.jpg

Hey Red Team, 

I don't know about you, but I had a TON of fun watching the Game Awards last night! If you didn't watch it, don't worry - I'm about to recap the award show for you in this post. If you want to watch the whole thing yourself,  you can check it out here: 

Game trailers that were showcased for 2023 and 2024: 

That is a LOT of games, and some of them look SO good. I think some top ones for me were DS2 (I didn't play the first one, but I honestly forgot about it), Crash Team Rumble (I'm a huge crash bandicoot fan), and Dune. Also, I can't believe they made a transformers game?! Gonna have to see what that is all about. 

Outside of new releases, a lot of games were recognized for the hard work they did this year. A full list below: 

• Game of the Year - Elden Ring
  • Best Game Direction - Elden Ring
  • Best Narrative - God of War Ragnarök
  • Best Art Direction - Elden Ring 
  • Best Score and Music - God of War Ragnarök
  • Best Audio Design - God of War Ragnarök
  • Best Performance - Christopher Judge - God of War Ragnarök
  • Games for Impact - As Dusk Falls 
  • Best Ongoing - Final Fantasy XIV 
  • Best Indie - Stray (This made me so happy!! This game is incredible)
  • Best Mobile Game - Marvel Snap
  • Best Community Support - Final Fantasy XIV
  • Innovation in Accessibility - God of War Ragnarök
  • Best VR / AR - Moss: Book II
  • Best Action Game - Bayonetta 3 
  • Best Action / Adventure - God of War Ragnarök
  • Best Role Playing - Elden Ring
  • Best Fighting - Multiversus 
  • Best Family - Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Best Sim / Strategy - Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
  • Best Sports / Racing - Gran Turismo 7  
  • Best Multiplayer - Splatoon 3
  • Content Creator of the Year - Ludwig 
  • Best Debut Indie - Stray (YAY!) 
  • Best Adaptation - Arcane: League of Legends  (WELL DESERVED)
  • Most Anticipated Game - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
  • Best esports Game - Valorant 
  • Best esports Athlete - Jacob “Yay” Witeaker
  • Best esports Team - Loud
  • Best esports Coach - Matheus “BZKA” Tarasconi
  • Best esports Event - 2022 League of Legends World Championship 

What release are you looking forward to the most? Also, what award winner were you most happy to see? 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
12 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I would have liked to see an award go to A Plague Tale: Requiem, but I am pretty stoked on most games that were awarded. I don't play mobile or Switch games. I am excited for Hellboy, and Dune.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
jamesc359
Forerunner

Watching it was great! As a gamer that enjoys gaming on the go I can't wait for Fire Emblem Engage and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. The PC games were pretty exciting as well. I pretty much predicted most of them. Elden Ring and God of War were the clear winners this year. Of course Stray as Best (Debut) Indie was almost a given as well. After the previews I'm really looking forward to next year.

I was honestly surprised the harry potter MMO didn't win the most anticipated game. But, Zelda has die hard followers so that makes sense. 

I'm very excited for gaming next year too!! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

It was great, and slightly socially awkward to watch, in true nerd fashion!!

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

Haha so true, the ending was honestly sad what that kid did to the creators of Elden Ring closing out the show. 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes
rtbh99
Challenger

happy to see a hades 2 announcement, hades was a blast

---
lets talk about rtbh99

So the first Hades was a ton of fun at first, but it got super repetitive for me. Did you finish the game?? How many hours of game play did you have?

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes
Weber462
Challenger

I was hoping for some info on homeworld 3.   Any fans here?

I honestly haven't heard of it! Is it a favorite for you?

Best,
Your friend at AMD

Its an amazing game.  I never heard of it either until a few years ago.  I think Homeword 2 is like 10+ years old.  Check it out if you are into RTS games.  Its really fun.

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

GOW Ragnarök was so good. I knew Elden Ring would likely beat it out for GOTY, but IMO - it was close. Now if we'd only get some Elden Ring DLC...

morphinebear
Adept III

Haven't played any of these games, literally none of them, but hope to one day. Looking forward to the next Jedi game.