cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Key-J
Paragon

Favorite/Most Memorable Video game Level

We've all played a ton of video games, and probably have some very memorable moments that stick with us. I know one of the things that I keep thinking about is the memorable levels/maps from video games that instantly connect you with the game you were playing. It could be your favourite map, the one where you finally did that thing you were trying to do or maybe you found an easter-egg there? I'll share a couple of mine, but I would love to hear what your favourite levels/maps are?

Modern Warefare 2 (2009)

HighriseHighrise
Highrise

I was physically happy whenever this map came into the rotation, and it was actually one of the first maps where I learnt about "out of bounds" areas. Such as climbing on the crane, or ledge jumping to get onto the roof of the building. 

DerailDerail
Derail

This was my all-time favourite map from Call of Duty because it was the one that I was truly best at. I learned all the angles, all the flanking spots, and the spawn points. I actually studied this map and felt right at home in it. No other map has really replicated the feeling I got when I played this map since.

Unreal Tournament

Facing WorldsFacing Worlds
Facing Worlds

This map is where gamers really tested their might, and I think it is where I really started to learn how to snap my mouse when sniping. 

World of Warcraft

NorthrendNorthrend
Northrend

During my time playing WoW, Northrend was probably my favourite expansion zone for both the visuals and the gameplay as well. However, it was also during the height of my WoW life, when I was part of a fun and active guild. When I made friends online and did raids, dungeons and quests in groups. It was the epitome of WoW for me, and I was never able to get it back. Leading to my eventual departure from the game. (Here is a great video that sums the WoW journey for most people).

Anyway, let me know some of yours! 

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
4 Replies

Hmmm...some of my favorite levels/maps....

Crash Bandicoot 2 - "Bear It" - cute polar bear animations, a ton of fun obstacles, orcas, slippery ice and snow - what's not to love?

Rez - "Area 5" - nostalgic + a Dune reference = a winner for me xD 

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, will post again if I come up with more!

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

Ashley!! I was sitting here thinking on this, and I totally thought Crash Bandicoot too. That was one of my first games I played on PlayStation as a kid, and will always have a special place in my heart. 

images.jpg

Also.. there isn't a level I remember from this specifically but this post made me also think of Putt Putt travels through time, which was one of my first PC games. (oh the simple days)

Amber_AMD_0-1652211717089.png

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

Hahahaha @Amber_AMD I totally remember those PuPut games. That is some true history right there.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

42 Years Later

System Shock 2, Hydroponics level.
I've played this game so many times and every bit of it is just awesome, but Hydro has a way of giving me the goose bumps.

johnnyenglish_0-1652215917849.png

A game so awesome that I had to dedicate a video about it.

The Englishman