cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Favorite games you can finish in one night?

Life is busy and I'm often searching for games to play that are easy to jump into, and/or I can complete in a relatively short amount of time. I recently came across a game called "Yes, Your Grace" that seemed like it would fit my quick-game criteria. While it did only take me a few hours (maybe 3-5?) to complete, it still felt like a very satisfying gaming experience thanks to the story and gameplay.

So it's got me thinking - do you have any favorite or recommended games that can be completed in one night? 

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
6 Replies

The games I enjoy that you can finish in one day are Hidden Object Games (HOG).

The first of these types of games when they first came out weren't very good. But now they are quite entertaining. It has a story plot and the graphics are very good. Many even have short videos during the game concerning the story.

Plus they are really cheap to purchase. Generally less than $15.00 per game. They are about 1GB or larger depending on the version.

Most of the HOG games are a series type games. In another words they have series of HOG games based on the same plot or story. 

There might be several HOG Games that uses a certain Detective Agency or Fantasy world etc.

@elstaci I'm a fan of those games, too! My favorite developer for them is Artifex Mundi, although it's been a while since they've come out with new ones...not sure if they're still working on that genre anymore tbh. 

Thank you for the suggestions everyone!

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
0 Likes

@Ashley_AMD 

This website is dedicated solely to HOG games. They usually have the latest versions to purchase: https://www.bigfishgames.com/us/en.html?channel=sem&identifier=usgooglstmbfg&WT.srch=1&v1=1331628302...

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Only once I beat Mass Effect 2 in 21 hours from start to finish.

Used a soldier build and the entire game almost all my shots were head shots. 

On my Xbox one X. 

Key-J
Paragon

Of course there are lots of games, like Sea Of Thieves, Deep Rock Galactic, Overwatch, SMITE.. ect where you can get an accomplished evening in on one play session. However you're not really beating/finishing the game.

Looking through my library the only games I recall being able to finish in one sitting were: Orcs Must Die, Strange Brigade, Portal and We Were Here Too

All different styles of games, but all quite fun

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

Thats a though one. In a single night?

Im a fan of long games, and if they are short i try to get more hours of sight seing.

But i do have one, Deadlock, an extremely old turn based strategy game.

johnnyenglish_0-1647108619310.png

The Englishman