cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Enabling AMD Anti-Lag tech on Radeon GPUs = VAC banned on CS2?

AMD Radeon RX series graphics card owners will want to hope they didn't install the new Radeon 23.10.1 drivers, enable AMD's new Anti-Lag+ technology, and play Counter-Strike 2... because VAC bans were being handed out.  

Valve: so, yeah.. enabling AMD Anti-Lag tech on Radeon GPUs = VAC banned on CS2; Valve warns you'll get VAC banned in Counter-Strike 2 if you enable AMD's new Anti-Lag technology on your Radeon RX series graphics card.

Counter-Strike 2 only launched a couple of weeks ago now, with AMD's latest technology -- Anti-Lag+ which is exclusive to the Radeon RX 7000 series GPU family -- meant to enhance responsiveness by optimizing frame alignment within the game code.

Counter-Strike 2 doesn't like that and Valve has admitted that some gamers were getting VAC banned because of it. The official Twitter/X account for Counter-Strike 2 laid out the warning, tweeting that AMD's latest driver enabled Anti-Lag+ for Counter-Strike 2, but was implemented by detouring engine dll functions. Valve warned that if you are an AMD Radeon RX 7000 series graphics card owner "DO NOT ENABLE ANTI-LAG" because any tampering with CS code will "result in a VAC ban".

But don't worry: AMD has removed the download link attached to its new Radeon Adrenalin Edition 23.10.1 driver, so you can't download the Radeon GPU driver, enable Anti-Lag+ inside of Counter-Strike 2, and get swiftly VAC banned. There should be a new hotfix driver available very, very soon, which will fix this gigantic problem.

Well, it was a fun game for a while.Well, it was a fun game for a while.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
5 Replies
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Appreciate you sharing this info, @BigAl01

Our team has been working with Valve to address these issues, and I'll be happy to share any more info as needed when it's available.

You can check out our AMD Radeon team's response on X here: https://twitter.com/amdradeon/status/1713020826126008396 

Neoony
Adept I

Bump

Waiting for 4th day for AMD to do something so that we can get unban from Valve.

It should take you 1 hour to push an update where AntiLag+ is removed for CS2 and then you can do whatever you are doing right now thats taking so long.

You took away something from us, and gave us PERMANENT MARK ON OUR ACCOUNTS.

Permanent damage here

coolZER0
Adept I

It's unfortunate that the disabling of the driver download came a bit late for those who have already faced VAC bans due to this issue. The urgency for an update to be shipped, sooner rather than later, is indeed shared by many players who are anxiously awaiting a resolution.

As a concerned customer, I believe it's crucial for affected players or anyone aware of such cases to reach out to AMD support. We, as a community, have a collective voice, and expressing our concerns as unsatisfied customers is a vital means of drawing attention to this matter: https://www.amd.com/de/forms/contact-us/support.html

Hitch
Journeyman III

since the driver update which caused an anti-lag+ problem I was banned from Call of Duty Warzone and Modern Warfare 2, I was waiting for the ban to be lifted but I have no information, I contacted activision customer service but they ignore my requests by telling me that you are not in the right section for the complaint, I have seen several people in the same situation as me on different forums and no one has an answer of Activision. What should I do ? please, I invested a lot of time on my account and as a result I am being punished unfairly

0 Likes