cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

redlightuser
Adept II

Elden Ring Dual Wielding

OMG, do a lot of people know about this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/u74hiz/how_am_i_supposed_to_attack_while_dual_wielding/?...

I have two uchigatanas. One, my main one is +14 unsheathe ash of war with magic affinity. I thought about equipping my second one, tried out the moves, and when i clicked on L1 voila. I was slashing through enemies like butter. Not that i need it. I'm doing Caelid first before the Altus Platus, although i have already unlocked and revealed those areas, even done some stuff.

There are downsides. The loss of block, guard counter, parry or other shield skill. Still, this could prove very useful to know. I'm going to upgrade the second uchigatana and find out what's the damage output with the L1 dual wielding move on tougher opponents. I wish Elden Ring had a room in the roundtable where you could test this. Like you have in Lies of P.

Of course that i can keep the second uchigatana, set a different affinity, even hold two on my right hand, switching back and forth between affinities. Or making use of the shield whenever. You have 6 slots, 3 in each. Four of those are obviously meant for the bow/ crossbow, shield, staff and talisman. At least in my case. I like to be able to do everything, be good at everything.

I can always reassign the attributes if necessary, for very specific cases, like i had to do on Lies of P. Guess i found out what the remaining empty slot was for. xD

Update:

Look at all this power BAIBAY! xD

ELDEN RING™ 7_7_2024 1_28_21 AM.jpgELDEN RING™ 7_7_2024 1_28_26 AM.jpgELDEN RING™ 7_7_2024 1_28_55 AM.jpgELDEN RING™ 7_7_2024 1_29_09 AM.jpg

It's +14 plus +13 now, magic on right, cold on left. I will see about further upgrades. Tip: simply check the bells location so the twin maiden can sell them to you super cheap.

Update 2:

Even better now. As you can see. I have a holy and fire ash of war, decided to use the holy one. Better scaling. People who tell you to put attributes on strength and dexterity don't know half of what their talking about, as you can see here.

ELDEN RING™ 7_7_2024 5_33_13 AM.jpgELDEN RING™ 7_7_2024 5_33_19 AM.jpgELDEN RING™ 7_7_2024 5_33_24 AM.jpg

The skill in use will always be the one from the right weapon. In this case, unsheathed. You don't even need, or can't even select one weapon when dual wielding, if you press L2 + R1 or R2 it will automatically activate the skill. Great for lazy people, or people with bad reflexes switching back and forth between stances. 

P.S: 

Don't forget about the passive effect. Unsheathed takes a lot of damage and has major staggering power, while the L1 attack is good for handling crowds, or unarmored foes. Or just chipping away at a weak spot, though i got to say, unsheathed is pretty quick between charges, not to mention you can reposition by dodging between strikes. L2 + R1 goes for a clean horizontal cut dashing forwards, while R2 does a vertical jump inflicting massive damage and stagger on the foe. Both can be parried by the way. Hard, but possible.

Basically i just have to imagine i am still Sakai Jin. Hence why i am so fearless playing this game. 😛

Correction:

Yes you can switch blades when dual wielding.

3 Replies
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Dual-wielding can be really strong! Especially with the right weapons - bleed builds are very popular here. I play a faith build, so I've never had the opportunity to DW, but I've seen some videos and have friends who say it's great.

Made significant progress as you can see here. Also making some major strategical changes.

ELDENRING7_10_20248_08_56PM.jpgELDENRING7_10_20248_09_19PM.jpgELDENRING7_10_20248_09_24PM.jpgELDENRING7_10_20248_09_31PM.jpgELDENRING7_10_20248_09_35PM.jpgELDENRING7_10_20248_11_23PM.jpg

Got both the banished knight and mimic tear on 10+, though i always use the knight. Rain of arrows skill on the longbow which is totally broken, way overpowered, a real boss killer. Stormcaller on the left sword, Unsheath on the right sword.

Also have a heavy crossbow and greatbow on 9+ (somber). That shield has the parry ash of war. With this build i am facing little resistance, for the most part. Greatest upset is having a way to spend the runes, in cases where i feel i don't have enough to grind the rest.

I always use the secluded cell location for farming purposes. Right now i need a minimum of 30000 runes in order to farm the rest myself all the way up to 70000, otherwise i am spending it on stones or whatever. Is my level normal? xD

So, i never used any larval tear or even rune arcs, though i have plenty. From what i can see here, i am going for a faith based scaled build on fire. Of course i can always change stuff in order to meet my challenges.

0 Likes
redlightuser
Adept II

About to venture myself into the forbidden road. Just unlocked the map for clarity sake. By the way the mixed flask will increase equip load, effectively making me light load, and boost faith by 10.

ELDEN RING™ 7_12_2024 1_30_40 PM.jpgELDEN RING™ 7_12_2024 1_30_50 PM.jpgELDEN RING™ 7_12_2024 1_31_06 PM.jpgELDEN RING™ 7_12_2024 1_31_10 PM.jpgELDEN RING™ 7_12_2024 1_31_18 PM.jpgELDEN RING™ 7_12_2024 1_31_23 PM.jpgELDEN RING™ 7_12_2024 1_31_30 PM.jpg

[Verse 1]
Evolution is a mystery
Full of change that no one sees
Clock makes a fool of history
Yesterday's too long ago
Don't agree with what I know
Tomorrow, got no place to be

[Chorus]
I see the line in the sand
Time to find out who I am
Lookin' back to see where I stand
Evolution