cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

mercurio31
Adept I

Best APU for laptops

Good evening everyone, forgive the inexperienced question! Which AMD APU for laptops currently has the best graphics features? Thanks to who will answer me! 🙂
Ci sono cose che non si fanno per coraggio. Si fanno per potere continuare a guardare serenamente negli occhi i propri figli e i figli dei propri figli.
(gen. Carlo Alberto dalla Chiesa)
0 Likes
7 Replies

This has page has a pretty good listing of the current top chips and what to look for. You would then just have to see what manufacturer has features you want at your price point. Note that not all these may be available but if not will be coming. Obviously right now stock is at an all time low so as they say beggars can't be choosers.

https://hothardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-7-5800u-zen-3-mobile-cpu-benchmark-leak

Ci sono cose che non si fanno per coraggio. Si fanno per potere continuare a guardare serenamente negli occhi i propri figli e i figli dei propri figli.
0 Likes
pmc251
Adept II

@mercurio31 wrote:
Good evening everyone, forgive the inexperienced question! Which AMD APU for laptops currently has the best graphics features? Thanks to who will answer me! 🙂

I would say it's not worth paying the premium for the 4800U over the 4700U.  It's a big difference for a small increase in performance.

Get the 4700U.  Or a 4700U with one of the cheaper discrete mGPUs.

Thanks a lot for the answer! 🙂 Yes your reasoning comes back to me. Let's see what I can find.
0 Likes

I had to translate that saying. It is nice and very true. Thanks for the share.

0 Likes
haplen1
Journeyman III

When it comes to the best APUs (Accelerated Processing Units) for laptop , AMD's Ryzen series has been making significant strides. The AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX stands out as a top-tier choice, boasting 8 cores and 16 threads for high-end gaming and content creation. For ultrabooks and thin laptops, the AMD Ryzen 7 5800U offers an optimal balance of performance and power efficiency. In the mid-range gaming category, the AMD Ryzen 5 5600H provides a compelling mix of CPU and GPU capabilities. It's important to note that the laptop APU market evolves rapidly, so I recommend checking for the latest models and reviews to find the best option that suits your specific needs and budget.

0 Likes