Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

AFKG-Curtis
Adept III

Attention all fellow adventurers and RPG enthusiasts

Bauldur Gate 3.png

Attention all fellow adventurers and RPG enthusiasts,

I come bearing exciting news! Baldur's Gate 3, the highly anticipated game we've all been waiting for, will finally be released on August 3rd! I am extermly excitement, and I'm sure many of you are feeling the same way.

But that's not all! I wanted to invite each and every one of you to join my brother and me on an epic journey through the realms of Baldur's Gate 3. We'll be embarking on a thrilling co-op playthrough of the game, and we're planning to stream our adventures on AFKids Gaming's Twitch channel (https://www.twitch.tv/afkidsgaming).

There's something magical about exploring the world of Faerûn with a companion by your side, and my brother and I couldn't be more thrilled to share this experience with all of you. We'll be diving into the rich lore, making tough choices, and facing formidable foes together.

So, mark your calendars and set a reminder for August 4th. Join us at AFKids Gaming's Twitch channel, and let's immerse ourselves in the world of Baldur's Gate 3 together. We'll have a blast discussing strategies and sharing laughs.

If you're as hyped as we are, feel free to spread the word and invite your friends along. The more, the merrier! Let's create an unforgettable community of adventurers and make this a truly unforgettable gaming experience.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

I would also like to ask would you choose an origin character or make your own and if so what would your class and race be?

May your swords be sharp and your spells be powerful!

**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
12 Replies
Prince117
Adept II

Is the series worth getting into never really peaked my interest?

Prince Ragland

Short answere is yes it is a great series with a good story and a huge system to play and build characters. If you like fantasy games and Dungeon & Dragons even a bigger yes.

If you are still unsure if it worth dropping the $ come check out our stream this Friday at 8pm (PST) and get a taste of what it's all about.

**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
kaitaloipa
Adept II

My wife and I worked out that we are going to start 3 games of this. One for each of us playing how we normally play and a coop 3rd of us together being as evil as we can. Oathbreaker Paladin here I come! 😄

7600X CPU, B650 Mobo, RTX 4090
0 Likes

Awesome! yea I am intrigued by the oath breaker paladin I will have to give it a try at some point😁

SubtleIQ
Adept III

So many games, I havent even played the 1st one, I own them all so far...RPG's are my favorite genre.

I am going to play them at some point

Michael Alan Horton

I don't think the story in 1 & 2 is going to be related in any way to the events of #3 except maybe in passing but the first two are worth playing for sure on their own for the choices they let you make between evil and good and all manner of in-between. It was from a mindset in the gaming era where the quality of the game (Just like a good Dungeon Master in tabletop) was all about programming for as many player choices as possible no matter how it turned out.

That being said it was also from an era of things being a bit grindy and unforgiving in gameplay so I would recommend adding a mod or cheat console for some of the battles where it's just going to give you a headache.

7600X CPU, B650 Mobo, RTX 4090

I know what you mean I have a steam library of unplayed games eventually I will get to them😁

0 Likes
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

I want to get into this so bad! I used to play DND years ago, and I have a friend who's really into it right now (and I believe is into BG).

I may reach out to him to see if he'd be interested in playing with me, but this series is totally new to me.

It's up to 4 player co-op we can always pull in more even on a game session by game session basis.

0 Likes
Axxemann
Forerunner

I knew a guy who was a dev at Bioware back in the day. He went on to become an industrial electrician. He was married to a friend of mine from way back, but they split a few years ago.

Probably never will pic this one up. It's not just my thing. Into shooters and flight sims 😛

Performance over Pretty.
Key-J
Paragon

I know I wont be playing myself, but I am actually excited to watch this stream and see the adventure and characters unfold!

giphy

----------
0 Likes
SubtleIQ
Adept III

I know I already commented once, 

Honestly though I should actually answer the actual post lol...

Playing solo I would be a rogue based class, simply because all current RPG's are

skill check heavy.  

Co-op It would depend on what the party needed.  Preferably I tend to always go Offensive\Buffs Caster, or a Bard sense they can do both as well as skill checks...

At the end of the day when an RPG is party based I really like making a no holds barred run up into the middle of things Fighter and dish out alot of melee ranged mayhem.

As far as race, I like Dwarven Fighters, Elven Casters, and Rogue types i choose hobbits cause I like to be tiny and hard to see while I'm being mischievous ...

Michael Alan Horton