cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Atomic Heart

I just finished Atomic Heart yesterday, and I have to say it was a memorable experience. The game ran as expected on my hardware, and I had only a few minor issues. 

The story had me from the moment I started playing. I am a sucker for a game about alternate futures, or in this case alternate pasts. Without spoiling anything the setting is a post World War 2 Soviet Russia where technology is so advanced that robots are commonplace as well as cybernetic implants. 

The character progression was awesome. Playing a character who is just trying to follow orders and figure out his past was kind of ideal for this kind of game. 

The gunplay was really fun and responsive. I feel like the developers nailed the combat. 

I don't have any major gripes about the game beyond the character special abilities felt less effective than I would have liked. While you do need shok for specific missions it did little damage. In the games defense, I may have built my character wrong.

I did have to turn the difficulty to the lowest for the last boss fight. I just could not get through it even after about a dozen tries. That being said, I may go back and try to beat the last boss fight a few more times on normal difficulty. 

All in all the game was fun and the story was pretty great. 

Have you all played it yet? Did you have fun? What was your experience like? Did it run well?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Replies