cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Anyone going to Anime Boston this weekend?

For anyone who might be going to Anime Boston, we're going to dominate their games room, so come and geek out with us! We’re going to be featuring 20+ computer rigs showcasing the games of the Touhou Project game series! Some of these will even be projected onto the walls of the gaming room for all to see. On Friday and Saturday, we plan on using these machines to hold two contests to see who can try out as many Touhou games as they can and who can take the highest score on the hardest level of one of the more recent games: "Hidden Star in Four Seasons". Come check us out in the games room!

For those unaware of the series, it's a Japanese bullet hell series, a subgenre of shoot-em-up games (Like Gradius). It has intense and complicated patterns you need to weave through in order to survive. They're very beautiful, and the music is amazing.

I'll be posting pictures of the setup tomorrow and all throughout the weekend, it's gonna be glorious. If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

3 Replies

Yesterday was an absolute mess, partially because of Boston traffic, so I didn't have time to post yesterday like I said I would, but I did bring some pictures!

Spoiler
ACableDisaster.jpgACableDisaster.jpg

It's a bit of a cable disaster behind the tables, but it's not too bad since we've got almost ten feet of clearance behind them

Spoiler
LowResSetup.jpg

And with all the machines and projectors set up, we've got quite the setup. There's two more computers on the right and eight more on the left I didn't get in the shot.

Sorry for the delay, I got sick after the convention. We did our contest and raffle on Saturday and got quite a bit of hype for it. 

Spoiler
Giveaway.jpg

All in all we had a little over a hundred people sign up, which was good considering that all we had done before were tournaments. As for the contest, we had designated some of the computers for it specifically, and they were all basically in use the whole time.

Spoiler
Contest.jfif

As for the high-score contest, we had two people leapfrogging each other for the high score. Once both of them started playing first place bounced between them four or five times and it was really impressive. The top prize for the contest and the raffle were both a Ryzen 7 2700x, and some series related merch for all the high score contest winners.

Spoiler
Winners1.jpgWinners2.jpgWinners3.jpg
(sadly all the pictures we got of the raffle winner with the prize were blurry, but he's the gentleman in white at the computer in all of these.)

Some other highlights from the convention were the fact that we had projected one of the games onto the opposite wall of the games room, even though it was really blurry, and some artwork one of the people working the show had done for us.

Spoiler
VinceArt.jpgFarWallProjection.jpg

@TouhouRoadShou congrats on an awesome convention (or part of it)!

Looks like it was pretty successful!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!