cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

An A-Series APU now in 2018

Hey everyone! I'm Wareed Islam and I am a casual gamer. I was on a really tight budget and couldn't afford more than an AMD A8-7600 accompanied by 8 gigs of ram.

I think the A8-7600 does satisfy me. I mean, it allows me to do normal browsing, youtubing and stuff comfortably. It also handles modern games at 720p low settings. If you're curious, here's how it performs:- AMD A8 7600 Gameplay Tests - YouTube

What are your thoughts about how the A-Series APUs stack up in 2018? Also, can you state some other build available at a similar price?  This one costs around $300.

0 Likes
2 Replies
darkwolfca
Miniboss

I believe the A series APU's are good for 720P gaming and alot of esports titles having 2 sticks of ram helps a little with them  running Dual channel and the speed helps as well a little  depending on the price you paid  the new ryzen 2400G and 2200G are also newer APU's  for increased performance.  I have a older system still running a a10 7850 APU in it that my daughter currently uses for her stuff until finish the new one for her and It runs fine.

Yeap. and especially considering the sky high gpu pricing these days, APUs provide a great alternative. Though they offer significantly less performance, they cost very little. The raven ridge APUs can even handle modern day games with great graphics at 1080p. Yes you do have to turn down the video settings a bit but that is worth trading for the huge amount of money which, otherwise, would have had to be spent after a discrete GPU.

0 Likes