Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

AMD Introduces AMD Radeon RX 7600 Graphics Card

In case you missed it 😉

SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 24, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced the AMD Radeon™ RX 7600 graphics card, optimized to provide next-generation, high-performance 1080p gaming, streaming and content creation with stunning visual fidelity.

Click here to read the full press release.AMD Radeon RX 7600 GPU.jpg

And here is one of many reviews that have come out in the last 24 hours:

AMD, you NEED to hire me! - AMD Radeon RX 7600 Review:

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
9 Replies
Axxemann
Forerunner

16GB XT version is coming when, @Sam_AMD🤣🤣

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes

When it's ready! 😋

Jokes aside, I'm not allowed to share this type of information, I'd get in serious trouble if I did.

Fun Fact: In the past when someone would ask me for release dates and/or details about the specs of a given AMD product, I would post a variation of the Glomar Response: "I can neither confirm nor deny..."

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

But if you can and like you could forward that at least I would love to see a plain simple 7600 with 16 GB VRAM and a 7600XT with higher clocks and also 16 Giiiiiiiiigagigs 😉

0 Likes

So you can confirm that it's not you feeding info to Moore's Law Is Dead on Youtube?

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

I was just watching this review when I loaded up the forums. 

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

I think the 7600 is a solid card and its cool that AMD gave it the price of $269. The only thing for me is that most of the techtubers compared it to the 6650 XT instead of its sibling, the 6600 non XT which I thought was kinda weird. I haven't watched LTT's video yet, but I'll check it out later. This was ALMOST the card for my HTPC, but I instead went with the 6700 XT. Congrats to AMD on the launch. Definitely better than the wild 4060 Ti at the moment. 

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

I would actually consider the 7600 for an HTPC, just for the AV1 support. But I'd like to see the price come down some more before then. They're going for $350-425 here in Canada, depending on the AIB. The lone outlier on price is the ROG Strix at $460CAD. I think $300CAD might be my "This is a no-brainer" price, as much as I think the entry to mid-range GPU price bracket should still be $150-250CAD like it was back in the days of the RX400/500 series. I think an 8GB RX580 was around $225 at one point and the RX590 was $275.

If I can get to building my nephew a gaming PC before the year closes out, I'll probably stick with RDNA2, just so I can get a higher tier card (I'm thinking 6700XT or better) for increased VRAM. With so many lousy console ports coming to PC (look at TLOU and Jedi Survivor,) VRAM is going to be more important than anything. But of course, we still need to find out about the 7700 and 7800 series cards.

I think the reason a lot of the Techtubers used the 6650XT as a benchmark comparison is because very few of them had 6600 review samples, and even fewer probably went out and bought their own. IIRC Gamer's Nexus had the 6600XT and I think JayzTwoCents and Hardware Unboxed did too. TBH, I wish Jay would have kept his dumpster fire 4060Ti review up, because I didn't get a chance to see it. I only got to hear about the fallout.

Performance over Pretty.

@Axxemann Definitely was gonna be the card, but I ended up paying $250 for a Power Color 6700 XT off Amazon. I just couldn't pass that up. Especially with the 4 more GBs of VRAM and the performance boost. Also, the MBA cards aren't available and I wanted to get the build up and running and tested before the return period for the parts expired. 😅

I wish I still had the link for you because I missed the original JayzTwoCents video, but someone on reddit had posted the cached video and I was able to see it that way. Just wasn't a good review, lol. I'm very curious about the 7700 and/or 7800. I still hope we see just a 7700. The 7800/7800 XT still feels like it would be in a weird place to me if it does indeed launch, but we'll see.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

You can't go wrong with the 6700XT, either. 

If you find that link, drop me a PM with it. I'm... morbidly curious.

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes