cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

roshdway
Adept I

AM 4 Platform New CPUs request

I wish that AMD pay Attention to the AM4 Users platform and keep supporting it for a long term.
I wish they can release a new CPUs like Ryzen 5 5950X3D or 5900X3D or at least 5850X3D. Those will fly out of the shelfs right away if that happen.

here are my personal common Since reasons:

- The first is that there are a lot of people still owning that platform and still using it till now (and I’m one of them).
- The second people don’t upgrade PC parts Every Year, they do it maybe every 5 to 10 years (my personal opinion) and if you give them options to keep updating it will be win win for both AMD and the pre-Existing customers. You Also will prevent them from going to upgrade with the competitor since AM5 are Expensive more than competitors for this generation. You will keep a lot of the customers for sure.

-The third is the  inflation and the financial situation that might prevent a lot if people to go with the new AM5 Platform. There are a lot of people that want to keep with AM4 because of that.

who Agree with me on this topic and O would love to hear opinions here.

I wish AMD more success for sure.👍🏻 

2 Solutions
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I can definitely see a use for the short term. In your opinion though, how long do you think AM4 will be viable before gaming and editing capabilities surpass what AM4 can do

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

View solution in original post

roshdway
Adept I

In my personal opinion, gaming development is getting directed toward relying on optimization more than hardware. Take PS5 and Xbox as examples. best of the best demanding games doesn't require more than 16 bg 3200 GT to 3600 GT so far. I think AM4 can last for 5 years more. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I can definitely see a use for the short term. In your opinion though, how long do you think AM4 will be viable before gaming and editing capabilities surpass what AM4 can do

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
roshdway
Adept I

In my personal opinion, gaming development is getting directed toward relying on optimization more than hardware. Take PS5 and Xbox as examples. best of the best demanding games doesn't require more than 16 bg 3200 GT to 3600 GT so far. I think AM4 can last for 5 years more. 

roshdway
Adept I

I'm So Excited. And I love how AMD think smarter by keeping the Support for AM4. I'm one of the owners for it. I just wish if they go smarter and release the new 5000XT CPUs with higher clock boost that can reach 5.0 Ghz. It would be a good strike for the competitor in the market with budget CPUs and it would keep a lot of customers from thinking about moving to competitors new CPUs and motherboards as new upgrade since the 7000 and 8000 series are pricy. People that have AM4 socket would be happy to upgrade the CPUs on the same platform to save money for sure and stay loyal with AMD. Please AMD mak this happening. It would be Very epic Move. 

0 Likes