cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Adrenalin Driver 24.7.1 was released today (19 July 2024) - Does it work for you?

I've only installed the new 24.7.1 Adrenalin driver update on a few of my computers so far today.  I'm not sure yet what improvements are in this update, but it appears to be working fine for me.

What are your thoughts?  Are you giving it a try?

I did notice that one of my computers asked if I wanted to switch to the new audio device - being the speakers built into the monitor.  I am sick and tired of being asked this, or having it done without my knowledge until I hear the tinny sound of the monitor speakers and I know that I have to switch back to my regular external speakers.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
42 Replies

@Nosstra47 wrote:

Guys.....I have an issue where in my amd overlay, the CPU temps will randomly get stuck. It messed up the reading too on my CPU cooler. It just freezes it to whatever value was there at the time. This only happens with the adrenaline overlay. All other stats do not freeze and work great but the CPU temp just freezes. What is weird is that I was leaving my computer on idle and my temps would still freeze. This does not occur when I use MSI afterburner. What is weird is that to fix the freezing issue, I just have to open save settings and close. My temp readings then remain perfectly fine for my CPU cooler and I can use MSI afterburner and have no issues......the problem is that there are benefits to using amd's over because it is able to get information on frame generation stuff......I am wondering if this issue of the temp readings freezing has happened to anyone else with these new drivers. I tried the AFMF 2 drivers and let me tell yah, AFMF 2 is REALLY good. Unfortunately this drivers seem unstable and cannot handle OC or undervolt settings that been stable for a long time......anyways, if anyone has some insight, it would be highly appreciated.

Sorry, I mistyped. To fix the freezing I open HW info and my CPU reading is working again

wbwfish
Adept I

I am unable to launch deathloop using a 7900xtx on this update.

Please open up a new topic with your specs included.