cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

gerardfraser
Adept I

7900XTX GPU to be released Dec 13 2022 serious question on HDR PC Gaming Recording

I would like a straight answer to this question that I can not find an answer.

This question will not be important to most people but it will make my decision easier.

I would like to know if the new release on Dec 13 2022 for the 7900XTX has the ability with AMD recording software only for High Dynamic Range (HDR) with HDR metadata in the codec or container. 

I want to upload PC gaming HDR content to youtube and youtube have the ability to show the HDR from the PC Gaming HDR recording with AMD Software.

Not interested in 3rd party software such as(Open Broadcaster Software) for HDR recording or streaming.

Not interested in using HDR authoring tools (DaVinci Resolve,Adobe Premiere Pro,Adobe After Effects,Final Cut Pro X) for HDR recording and manually adding HDR metadata in the codec or container.

What is the actual software name to record HDR Content for PC Gaming

Record and Stream with AMD Software: Is it Adrenalin Edition with Enabling Radeon ReLive in the Adrenalin Edition software or something else all together with the release on Dec 13 2022 7900XTX.

Thanks for any replies and I hope I did not make it confusing. I just want to record HDR content and upload HDR content with some form of AMD Software.

7 Replies
trunks0
Adept I

I'd like to know this as well, given that the new cards are sporting a whole set of new encoding abilities.

Or better yet if this is planned for ReLive in general 🙂

-Trunks0
gerardfraser
Adept I

It is a shame that HDR recording is not on your newer RX 6600XT .I was going to buy a few 7900XTX cards but I am having serious second thoughts on this now. 

0 Likes
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hello, @gerardfraser and @trunks0 

The recording and streaming capabilities built into AMD Software are designed and optimized for SDR content. We welcome your feedback on the importance of HDR recording capabilities and have passed on your comments to AMD product management and engineering teams.

Thank you for being a member of the AMD Red Team Community

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

@Sam_AMD 

First thank you for the response and information.I needed to read that.

Well the lack of HDR recording deters myself from buying AMD GPU's. I sold off the last of my Nvidia RTX 4090 GPU's and was planning on purchasing minimum AMD RX 7900XTX GPU's. Then it dawned on me I never see HDR recording with AMD software.I search for asn answer and nothing or any reasonable context I could find easily on AMD recording HDR content.

So I was put off so much I delayed my purchases of AMD GPU and bought another Nvidia RTX 4090 and Nvidia RTX 4080 instead of the AMD RX 7900XTX.

That is the only feedback I have,I like AMD gear but if it does not have what I personally want in the year 2022 ,I have no problem buying anything.Not mad or anything but no AMD GPU's for me,also even when I bought the RTX 4080 yesterday there was 0 stock supplied to one of the biggest Computer retailer in Canada,not anyones fault,I get it times are tough for all. 

No problem at all @gerardfraser I'm happy our answer helped you. 😅

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

Well it is 2023, NV has HDR recording implemented in to shadowplay and as much as I hate this bastards I can not record on my 6800xt because I do have an HDR monitor. And I did not spend so much to turn it off!

gerardfraser
Adept I

@pleasedontkillme 

I also have at least 6 4K 65" up to 85" main PC monitor/TV not counting smaller size HDR monitors . HDR may be hit or miss or some people like or do not like HDR but for me I still want to be able to record in HDR if I choose on a HDR PC Monitor/TV.

Nvidia does not have perfect recording of HDR meta data but they have it.Windows has built in HDR features.

AMD should give it a shot ,I am sure they gave it a try and just decided it is not worth the trouble.

0 Likes