Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

lotusmad2001
Journeyman III

3600 performance

Hi guys!

I've just build a new PC and used the Ryzen 3600. Everyone with the CPU appears to get between 3500 - 3600 on cinebench R20.

I get 3350...

I thought it was the cooler (wraith stealth) it was peaking about 80 degrees peak. I have now bought a wraith prism but despite it's high praise it has only lowered the temperature to 75 peak.

I am still getting the same scores.

Of course cinebench scores are just a number but I want to make sure I am getting the most out of my new PC before I buy a new graphics card.

Specs are

AMD 3600 with Wraith Prism

MSI B450 Tomawhawk MAX

16gb Corsair 3600mhz C18 Ram (Dual channel, XMP ON)

Corsair MP510 SSD

GTX 260 (temporary)

650 Corsair Vengeance PSU

Hope you guys can help me

Many thanks!

0 Likes
14 Replies

My example 3600 build is Libertas 
I get 3745 on Cinebench R20.
Take a look at the write up.
I noticed that running the RAM at higher clock speeds hurt the Cinebench performance, but I didn't mention that in the write up, because I need to look into it further. It might be the memory controller running RAM at high speeds is heating things up on the Chip.

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply

I noticed your results with the stealth cooler were worse than even I had managed although your ram frequency was running quite low.

Adding the cooler I thought would fix my issue but it's exactly the same. I only put a tiny bit of thermal paste on the cpu and spreaded it, maybe there wasn't enough, other than cooling I really don't know what else it could be 😕 unless of course there is any effect with having such an old GPU.

0 Likes

Maybe you used too much CPU thermal compound?
A Wraith Prism LED RGB  Cooler already has CPU compound applied.
Also check the mounting for the Wraith Prism RGB LED is correct and chek it is firmly in contact with the CPU.

0 Likes
lotusmad2001
Journeyman III

Just to add that the CPU multi core clocks only reach 3.8ghz? My score on single core is really good, just seems to be multi core that flops.

0 Likes

I will post the Ryzen Master Settings I used if you want?

0 Likes
cyberstorm64dd
Challenger

Just saying "AMD 3600" isn't accurate enough, there are more than one of those... 

Cyberstorm64 of UNYU
Tessellation Enjoyer.
0 Likes
lotusmad2001
Journeyman III

Just to update, new video card installed didn't think it would make a difference and it hasn't...

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

what are your voltages?

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

on ryzen master the voltage hovers around 1.42

0 Likes
rhman
Journeyman III

A Wraith Prism LED RGB Cooler already has CPU compound applied. Also check the mounting for the Wraith Prism RGB LED is right and chek it is firmly in contact with the CPU.

0 Likes
lotusmad2001
Journeyman III

I removed the thermal paste and used some thermal grizzly krayonaut. I did use a small amount and spread it before I fitted.

Will it be worth adding an extra small amount to be sure?

0 Likes

I think you should at least remove the cooler carefully and check that there is thermal paste on the CPU and cold plate of the cooler.
Sometimes with dried out or pre-applied thermal paste it can yank the Ryzen CPU out of the CPU socket.
That might bend pins on the CPU - so have patience and remove it slowly.

0 Likes
lotusmad2001
Journeyman III

Re seated the CPU, added a bit more paste, still no difference

User benchmark say it is performing below expectations. Dont know what else to try

0 Likes

What happens if you lower the RAM frequency to 2133MHz?

0 Likes