cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Processors

Heki07
Journeyman III

S7150 x2 - not recognized in AsRock Phantom Gaming 4 board - no pci information with lspci

Hey,

I want to connect a S7105 x2 graphic card to a AsRock Phantom Gaming 4 Board in the PCI4 x16 slot.

But the motherboard didn't recognize the the card? I tried it with two different S7150 x2 cards, but the pc doesn't recognize them.

I use a Thermaltake Toughpower 600W power supply.

When I connect the 6- and the 8-PIN connectors (unfortunately both on the same cable from the power supply) to the card the pc doesn't show any output on the integrated (AMD Ryzen 5600G) GPU output.

When I connect the 8-pin connector only, the pc starts but lspci doesn't show the S7150 x2 card.

I didn't tried to only connect the 6-PIN cable to the motherboard.

I've installed proxmox 7.1 (Debian) before and I set "Above 4G Decoding" to enabled in the BIOS

(see https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/amd-firepro-s7150x2-cannot-boot-the-server-supermicro-x9srg-f/...

The other mentioned options I didn't found in the AsRock Phantom Gaming BIOS.

Has somebody any idea what I can do to get it work?

Maybe it's a problem of the power supply (maybe I need two different power circuits 6-PIN/8PIN separately)?

Should I "see" the graphic card with lspci without connecting the additional 6- and 8-PIN cables?

Thanks in advance.

Heki07

0 Likes
2 Replies

AMD Moderator of Pro GPU cards might be able to assist you @fsadough 

0 Likes
fsadough

For MxGPU S7150X2 to work you need to enable SRIOV in the system BIOS.