cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rosall
Journeyman III

XDefiant crashing entire computer [DX11 and DX12]

im not sure if its a game specific problem or a driver problem however it doesnt happen with any other game or stress test [temps are also perfectly normal], theres no visual artifacting or stuttering [unless running DX11] it just randomly crashes and reboots my pc

alsowondering if anyone else is facing the same issue with this specific game 

sapphire pulse radeon rx 6600 non xt
ryzen 5 4500
gigabyte a320 s2h [bios version f56a]
driver version 23.5.2
16gbs crucial ballistix 2666mhz DDR4
no undervolt, no overclock 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Dankkh
Journeyman III

I know this is an old post, but XDefiant just had a full release a couple days ago, and it's hard crashing my PC as well. It often happens at the end of the match, where my entire PC locks up and reboots, but it's happened at other times during gameplay as well.

Similarly to the OP, temps look normal and stress tests look good. I have not experienced this with any other games.

I wonder if it's some kind of edge case, because I have not seen many other people talking about it online. But reading this post gives me hope that maybe there is just something that needs to be fixed with the AMD graphics or chipset drivers.... just to verify, I confirmed I have no overclocking enabled in Adrenalin or anything like that. I am using the latest 24.5.1 graphics driver.

Here is my setup:
Asrock X470 Taichi motherboard (BIOS version 10.10)

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D (stock values)

AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT Sapphire Pulse edition

32GB 3200MHz RAM (XMP applied)

Dual 2560x1440p monitors at 165Hz

HDR disabled

0 Likes
Fg2
Journeyman III

Hello, I also came here to check it out so I just started playing the dame today and Currently doing my stress test so far temps are looking good but mily situation is similar to you but it would make my pc shutdown with my GPU fans at the max speed then when pc goes back on after i restarted I cant open Amd software anymore and my other monitor wont come on until i uninstall and reinstall AMD adreline software. 

0 Likes

I'm having the same issues but now it's almost impossible to play a game it crashes as soon as I get into one. They really have to do something about it

I'm playing on a RX 6800 XT with a r5 5600x

0 Likes

I got it to work I did what you tried, my card was undervolted so I set it back to default settings.

Also you have to set a fps limit in game, I put mine at 120 so 

0 Likes

120? Glad you’re happy with that. I want 300 plus. And get it in this game (at high settings,1440p). 120, I’d boot my ps5 back up. Pass. 
My crashing in this game seems very specific to my cpu over clock.  It is odd. 

0 Likes